Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Weather Discussion 2019

dryslot

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

ORH was at 79 for their last hourly report.  Prob will be a degree or two over that 

77 here

79 at the Pit.  We'll see if we hit 80.  Not sure when the 'hot time of day' is at this point in the year.  I'm guessing it's right around now, perhaps a smidge earlier.

We are up to 82F... the 2nd day to hit 80 or higher so far in September.   

Todays 82F is the warmest temperature of the month so far.

I just looked up last September... holy crap.  We had 10 days of 80+ compared to now 2 this year.  And highest last year was 89F.  

Now that’s a torch.  Makes this look like child’s play compared to last September’s month long torch.

-2.0 as of midnight for departures this month, compared to +3.0 last September.

I bet the mid tropospheric heights comparison to last September would be interesting ...  Can't confirm this from here, but wondering if this presently modeled scenario is warmer -

in other words, totality of the tropospheric circumstance is hotter this time, but idiosyncrasies in lower level pressure structures mask it the other way around?   ...'course, that might be more meaningful "if" the EPS/oper. version blend verifies so we'll see.

51 minutes ago, dendrite said:

81° max

Hope that death ridge verifies. Perfect weather for flipping to October. Was out apple picking today and didn’t even burn in this equinoctial sun.

Be on the look out for undercutting ridge wedgies ... heh

seriously though - with the preponderant -AO and the westerlies loping ridge/trough couplets along southern tier of Canada, we are occasionally seeing "cheating" high pressure cutting underneath with easterlies ... Heights can be 590 ... it wouldn't matter, we'd end up 55 F with upslope goop up there, and drizzle coming into eastern New England.   Somethin off-setting like that anywho -

That D6-15 has been steadfastly ridged in the EPS but the operational is every other run with llv interference synoptics like that so I'm a bit weary. Also in that it's been a summer long trend with the -AO summer.   Plus, are we really filling the Maritime trough this time ?

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

Looks like Boston topped at 89F**

19 Over their normal daily high for this date.  Warm for sure.  

Any 90F temps?

Doesn't matter ... .  'cuz Moneypitmike  FAILED failed failed failed to hit 80 at the pit ...topped at ( only phew, thank god) 79 with a "*"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Doesn't matter ... .  'cuz Moneypitmike  FAILED failed failed failed to hit 80 at the pit ...topped at ( only phew, thank god) 79 with a "*"

He would never ever admit it’s a torch or torch pattern. He’s VP of ACATT. Will probably say House is chilly and comfy tonight 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

He would never ever admit it’s a torch or torch pattern. He’s VP of ACATT. Will probably say House is chilly and comfy tonight 

Torch pattern and comfortable starts to get blended this time of year though.  I agree whole heartedly it’s a torch, but is it uncomfortable?  I bet anyone who hit 85+ though feels it’s uncomfortable, as opposed to posters seeing 70s to low 80s who probably won’t have to run A/C.  

Torch though is empirically clad.  Can’t deny the departures.  Subjective differences aside as to what is comfy and what isn’t.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Torch pattern and comfortable starts to get blended this time of year though.  I agree whole heartedly it’s a torch, but is it uncomfortable?  I bet anyone who hit 85+ though feels it’s uncomfortable, as opposed to posters seeing 70s to low 80s who probably won’t have to run A/C.  

Torch though is empirically clad.  Can’t deny the departures.  Subjective differences aside as to what is comfy and what isn’t.

I’m not sure , but my thermostat downstairs reads 76 and I get maybe 3 hours max of sun this time of year. It’s very warm in the house and dews are now 65-66, it’s sticky and AC will be on sleeping 

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m not sure , but my thermostat downstairs reads 76 and I get maybe 3 hours max of sun this time of year. It’s very warm in the house and dews are now 65-66, it’s sticky and AC will be on sleeping 

Agree with you there...this time of day is the most uncomfortable and I could probably run the AC for a couple/few hours.  Even with dews in the 60s though the outside temp will hit my AC setting (67F usually) by 9pm....and I struggle to pay for AC when the outside temp is the same or lower, ha. 

This will definitely be a summer evening though, even up here we won’t get our quick 15-20F drop of the past couple nights.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I'll likely turn on the ceiling fan.

37 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This X10.

22 minutes ago, alex said:

We managed to eat outside twice in a row. Impressive for September. Getting a bit chilly towards the end as we dropped into the low 60s, but still very enjoyable. I need to get some patio heaters next year to do this more. 

Yeah.  Having dinner on the screen porch this time of year is nice.