Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Weather Discussion 2019

dryslot

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Man we may be counting our blessings with our latitude if some guidance is correct. The next two weeks look unrelenting across the Midwest through the southeast. That's incredible. From a meteorology standpoint, it's basically July in October. Nothing to see there. :lol: 

It is, that Ohio Valley into SE US has no relief in sight.  Luckily up north we’ll keep getting clipped with some FROPAS around the ring of heat.

Tuesday showing highs in the 50s now, with low 60s on Wed... chilly after the weekend warmth.

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Glad we don't live down there.

We'll sneak in some BN days from time to time, but probably average decently AN. Like this past week, we can sneak in some lower level cold below relatively high H5 heights at times. Looks like lots of 60s and 70s up here over the next couple of weeks.

8 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Sunday looks like 80-ish, then back to 60's, maybe 70 next week. Doesn't seem like extended torch to me.

It's a warm pattern. We'll get mild downs and maybe sneak in a cool high or a dead ratter with rain and CAD, but overall it's a lot of days well above normal. We'll warm it right back up to well into the 70s late next week. But we're done with 90F up here and the clock will be ticking on the 80s after this weekend.

27 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It's a warm pattern. We'll get mild downs and maybe sneak in a cool high or a dead ratter with rain and CAD, but overall it's a lot of days well above normal. We'll warm it right back up to well into the 70s late next week. But we're done with 90F up here and the clock will be ticking on the 80s after this weekend.

That sounds fantastic. We are getting a ton of last minute bookings; I think most of the population is pretty stoked about it. 

This is embarrassing in my view, Ocean is almost flat in Plymouth and waves in Marshfield aren't much to speak of. 

LOCATIONS...Eastern Plymouth MA and Eastern Essex MA.

* TIMING...Until 6 PM EDT this evening.

* SURF ZONE IMPACTS...Up to 7 foot breaking waves will be
  dangerous to anyone who enters the surf.

This is great

Mild days and cool nights, overall above-average for late September
when highs are normally around 70 and lows around 50. How long this
pattern lasts is met with both uncertainty and concern. CPC day 6-10
and 8-14 day outlooks have been ratcheting up the confidence with
respect to warmer than average and drier than average conditions
across the E CONUS for late September into early October.

53 minutes ago, PineHillsWx said:

This is embarrassing in my view, Ocean is almost flat in Plymouth and waves in Marshfield aren't much to speak of. 

LOCATIONS...Eastern Plymouth MA and Eastern Essex MA.

* TIMING...Until 6 PM EDT this evening.

* SURF ZONE IMPACTS...Up to 7 foot breaking waves will be
  dangerous to anyone who enters the surf.

First Swell is on Rapid increase this afternoon 

Second, steep cut off S of Boston

some boats will flip in NH and Mass today with this long period swell and waves breaking waaay out

Headihg to Rye, NH now 

5 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Man we may be counting our blessings with our latitude if some guidance is correct. The next two weeks look unrelenting across the Midwest through the southeast. That's incredible. From a meteorology standpoint, it's basically July in October. Nothing to see there. :lol: 

Hi, yeah, it sucks...i keep telling people 9th level of hell...fooking shoot me

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

We haven't had rain in days. I think less than 3" so far since lie 7/23. We dying. 

Yeah I think we are at 2.25” this month but it’s been real dry for the mountains.  The golf course here on Sunday was rock hard and dry.  Greens fast and the ball bouncing around like it’s landing on pavement.  No water in the top few inches at all.