Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Weather Discussion 2019

dryslot

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

The other question I have is what happens with the Davis Straits Block. It's possible a little closed ULL sneaks in south of it and cuts shunts off the big heat like it's done over and over and over again all summer long and continues to do so in this early autumn time. Sorry Diane, but the South is going to bake., 

mm hm ...don't be surprised either.  

I don't know if I buy the D6 thru 10 Euro at all.  It was supposed to be that way from tomorrow through next Tuesday but this look has been blunted back to more seasonal anomaly as opposed to the rampant heat.  

I've been elaborating how ridges keep lobing over NW-N of us and causing this weird 500 H "tuck pattern" manifested below as tendencies of high pressure N and llv easterly anomalies into the upper MA and NE regions. It's kept our summer tepid ( though above normal...) and out of the headline heat for one, but it is repeating signal and I have seen those Euro heat ridge looks on too many occasions to count in that sort of time range ...and invariably the consecutive runs start lobing over the heights again ..   We'll see - but that aspect you note above, ... it may not be exactly the same idea but it's a cousin to it... 

Hopefully it parlays into the winter...  but with differences needed. I was musing to my self yesterday that this would be a horror pattern in January... We'd have bone-cold N drift molasses and no storms interminably and I have seen that sort of look set up in winter before. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

if a 2SD trough were forecast to park itself over the northeast for two weeks everyone would be doing backflips

lol, it’s almost like some want people to go into outrage because of a mild pattern.  

I sense some annoyance that people aren’t pissed because it might be 80F in late September.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MaineJayhawk said:

lol .. there is like literally nobody here concerned about September warmth.

What is there to be concerned about?  People have discussed it.  Extended summer mode.  That's it.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

lol, it’s almost like some want people to go into outrage because of a mild pattern.  

I sense some annoyance that people aren’t pissed because it might be 80F in late September.

Yup.  I don't think people care as much as others would like them to.

Not going to mention names, but...

Image result for forky toy story 4

28 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

LOL, so very this!  What’s the hang up about gorgeous weather in September, and even October? 

If anything I would think it’d be skiers like us up here in the north that might have a bone to pick with a pleasant October, since October snows can sometimes dish out those fun early season powder turns.  Indeed although we do get some snow just about every October, I still consider it a bonus and don’t really plan on it.  October is great with pleasant days, crisp, colorful leaves, outdoor activities, prepping the yard for winter.  I love having nice days to do that stuff vs. trying to dodge 35 F rainstorms to clean up wet leaves, finish final mowings, etc.  It is easier to put up with that stuff when you know its dumping at elevation, but it’s still a pain.

20 minutes ago, J.Spin said:

LOL, so very this!  What’s the hang up about gorgeous weather in September, and even October? 

If anything I would think it’d be skiers like us up here in the north that might have a bone to pick with a pleasant October, since October snows can sometimes dish out those fun early season powder turns.  Indeed although we do get some snow just about every October, I still consider it a bonus and don’t really plan on it.  October is great with pleasant days, crisp, colorful leaves, outdoor activities, prepping the yard for winter.  I love having nice days to do that stuff vs. trying to dodge 35 F rainstorms to clean up wet leaves, finish final mowings, etc.  It is easier to put up with that stuff when you know its dumping at elevation, but it’s still a pain.

Go ahead, throw a ski pole.  You know you want to.

• Haha 4