• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
September Weather Discussion 2019

dryslot

No frost please.  My garden is going gangbusters with a lot of flowers still pumping out peppers. Picked and hung the basil to dry, made pesto with the fallen leaves.  Already had dried one picking. Just had a BLT with basil, tomatoes and lettuce from the garden. Damn that was good. My big fail was green beans which my dogs love. Only 3, 8 to 10 inch beans so far but a ton of flowers.  

20190917_101414.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yoda said:

Freeze Warnings in N ME tonight... is that early?  Lows in the upper 20s expected in the colder areas looks like as well

No, Not early, If i end up seeing a frost on Weds night, That will be early, But not the first time it has happened around 09/18 when the avg is 10/2.

15 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I’m actually a bit surprised by that. I figured October first-ish for that area.  

In falls of yore even BDL averaged a first frost in September. They've gone from 9/30 in the 1961-90 normals to 10/4 in the 1981-2010 normals, and you can probably add a few more days on to that for the 1990-2020 normals coming in a little under two years.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Ever wonder what weather related phenomena has caused the most fatalities in your county. Ian Livingston made a preliminary USA fatality map. I zoomed in and added his legend and a background. Some areas are blank as it’s a work in progress.

BA127294-FB62-413E-8A2B-CE49E349D25B.jpeg

Always have to be wary of those dust devils in SW ME.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, snowman21 said:

In falls of yore even BDL averaged a first frost in September. They've gone from 9/30 in the 1961-90 normals to 10/4 in the 1981-2010 normals, and you can probably add a few more days on to that for the 1990-2020 normals coming in a little under two years.

Thanks.  I am really surprised at that.  I guess I am just growing accustomed to the warmer autumns