Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Weather Discussion 2019

dryslot

1 hour ago, Fozz said:

ORHwx made a pretty good map that shows a snowfall average over 60" in NW RI (including Foster and Gloucester), and as some others have said, right around 50" in Cumberland.

On another note, I'm quite amazed at how quickly the average increases in western CT as you go further inland.

SNE_snowfall_N RI.png

Its the Berks extension in NWCT, beautiful area by the way.  About 1.5 hrs drive for you. I was looking for this map this morning 

21 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It livens up the discussion.  Like today has probably had more posts than the previous week, mostly because he’s joined the convo again.  I bet he’s a great guy to get a beer with.

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Kev is a good guy. We all are. Many of us just like to bust chops. 

So far I like everyone here. You're all good peeps.

11 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Its the Berks extension in NWCT, beautiful area by the way.  About 1.5 hrs drive for you. I was looking for this map this morning 

If we keep up our good run a bit longer, I may have to start bumping everyone up on that map, lol. 

1 hour ago, Fozz said:

I don't know if I've ever interacted with CT Blizz before... he seems to be the Ji of this subforum.

Jihad is a great dude. But I am leaps and bounds more knowledgeable than him. Plus all he likes is snow and he lives in the Deep South. I like seasons in seasons. Cool to cold falls with early snows, snowy , cold winters, mild to warm sunny springs and HHH summers with lots of severe. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, alex said:

Workin' on it :P

If I was single,  no doubt. Money may be less, but other benefits sometimes are just worth while. 

I love the coast and ocean. I was a beach bum when I was younger. The lure of the beach and the fun of weekend bars by the ocean were second to none. I still love the ocean.  But, I appreciate the other things in life. The mountains indeed provides feeling of weather  I can’t duplicate. It’s something you can’t replicate. In 2012 Brian told me north of exit 18 had the snowpack. I went to my parents place and took a few beers to the lake and enjoyed deep winter. I felt refreshed. It sounds lame, but it’s true.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fozz said:

ORHwx made a pretty good map that shows a snowfall average over 60" in NW RI (including Foster and Gloucester), and as some others have said, right around 50" in Cumberland.

On another note, I'm quite amazed at how quickly the average increases in western CT as you go further inland.

SNE_snowfall_N RI.png

That map really rubs it in lol. In all seriousness, it was the bane of my childhood growing up in the New Haven area. It seemed like every storm jacked Litchfield to Albany and east to Bradley, while we rotted under snizzle on the coastal plain. There's much I miss about living in the Boston area, but being on the receiving end of more Miller Bs tops the list for sure. Just so much easier to sneak a big event out that way. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hoth said:

That map really rubs it in lol. In all seriousness, it was the bane of my childhood growing up in the New Haven area. It seemed like every storm jacked Litchfield to Albany and east to Bradley, while we rotted under snizzle on the coastal plain. There's much I miss about living in the Boston area, but being on the receiving end of more Miller Bs tops the list for sure. Just so much easier to sneak a big event out that way. 

Up and in 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoth said:

I'd rather HVN than GON.