Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
September Weather Discussion 2019

dryslot

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Semantics.  Pulling off a +20 like you're talking about would take some obscene daily high and low. right now.  We'd be talking record heat levels to pull off.  Show me some charts that have hill towns pulling off a 90F high and 65F low in the next couple weeks..

27 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

November 1st?  Hell, we're luck we see much snow before Dec 1st and many years we don't see much before Christmas.

Perhaps ... but "futility" has a curve too - 

It's not like it's impossible...just a matter of when said possibility begins to improve enough to stick one's toes in the chance - heh...I've seen enough fun Novembers to know that Hallow's Eve needs to get behind to be ankle deep in the curve depth...  Waste deep is December 1, but if you're not holding your breath submerged in chances by early February - meh  F grade.  No winter then 1888 redux, F+!D

Not sure how GW mutilates all that tongue-in-cheek... It's existentially anecdotal, which took place and was formulated before the recent hockey-stick years kicked in.    

24 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Semantics.  Pulling off a +20 like you're talking about would take some obscene daily high and low. right now.  We'd be talking record heat levels to pull off.  Show me some charts that have hill towns pulling off a 90F high and 65F low in the next couple weeks..

Please try and be precise. Folks come here for accurate weather information. Last thing we need is someone throwing around numbers they've pulled from their ass.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

1,000ft in SNE isn’t going to be higher than 80F for a high, IMO.  

ORH could barely get to 80F in August when BDL was pulling 87-88F.  

I bet it’s a bunch of upper 70s type days for highs in the hills, but we’ll see.  

Yep....you can't talk about temps well intot he 80s for highs and then also talk about "normals in the 60s"...it's like he wants to use the BDL high against ORH's climo....yeah, of course you'll get some big + departures, lol. +20 for a high at ORH is gonna take upper 80s. That has happened like 4 times on record at ORH after 9/20....twice in 1970, once in 2007 and once in 2017

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

A few torch days of 16-18C 850s. Looks like that 2007 day was 18-19C. 1970 was 19C. 2017 was 17-19C. 

So that 16-18C probably gets you 83-85 at best at ORH. Tack on the usual offset for BOS, BDL, PVD etc.

Although that d9 would be pushing records. Didn’t look impressive initially from the ewall 24hr maps valid 12z. Obvi lalaland, and probably as realistic as those faux -30C euro cold shots that happen each winter.

This HP centered over TN has been relentless. We havent had rain in so long, the vegetation is severely wilted, the ground has been baked dry and big cracks are forming, the trees are losing their leaves due to drought and heat stress. We just keep baking under 100 degree heat. Such a turn around from all the river flooding that was ongoing when i first moved here in March 

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

This HP centered over TN has been relentless. We havent had rain in so long, the vegetation is severely wilted, the ground has been baked dry and big cracks are forming, the trees are losing their leaves due to drought and heat stress. We just keep baking under 100 degree heat. Such a turn around from all the river flooding that was ongoing when i first moved here in March 

That sounds like hell on earth.

11 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

North Foster is the snowiest Coop spot in NW RI due to its elevation and separation from the marine influence compared to the rest of the state climo and COOP spots. The snowiest spot would be the Gloucester Burriville elevated NW sections but we have little records. Jerry here is a map.

rhode-island-map.jpg

ORHwx made a pretty good map that shows a snowfall average over 60" in NW RI (including Foster and Gloucester), and as some others have said, right around 50" in Cumberland.

On another note, I'm quite amazed at how quickly the average increases in western CT as you go further inland.

SNE_snowfall_N RI.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Welcome Fozz. Let’s hope for a 14-15 repeat for you up here. Feel free to post whenever. Many of us know each other so there is a bit of banter,  it it’s all good fun. The people on this forum are really good people. 

Thanks! It feels really nice here in terms of weather, and maybe it was due to me being sent away from RI from mid June to late August, but I haven't really experienced any truly hot days here. If anything it tells me that the worst of summer tends to be much shorter here than what I'm used to, and even if we get some 80+ degree days in the next week or two, I'm just going to enjoy them and spray myself to keep the EEE away.