Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Weather Discussion 2019

dryslot

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Top ten'r, incredible summer of fine weather.

It has been all around a B++/A-  in my books.  Even with the humid days.  The good thing about those days is they did not linger on for ever.   Plus the lack of rainy weekend days were nice for people like me who work on the weekdays, and have weekends off.

Chilly afternoon/evening... 59F at 6:45pm. 

Was out golfing but the mountains kept causing several bouts of -SHRA to form and roll over us, almost drizzle like at times.

Sometimes orographic lift isn't all that good.  But I kept thinking, it's getting closer to the time when that means hours and hours of wintry appeal.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Chilly afternoon/evening... 59F at 6:45pm. 

Was out golfing but the mountains kept causing several bouts of -SHRA to form and roll over us, almost drizzle like at times.

Sometimes orographic lift isn't all that good.  But I kept thinking, it's getting closer to the time when that means hours and hours of wintry appeal.

We were battling the same thing – we were on and off cooking on the fire pit this evening and had to dodge some of the light showers.  Just when I’d see that the upstream radar was finally clear, a shower would develop out of nowhere up against the spine.  Generally I find it’s a pretty minor inconvenience though for all the benefits that the mountains bring, like cooler temperatures, weather variety, moisture to keep the lawn happy all summer, ridiculous amounts of snowy days, tons of snowfall, etc., etc.

1 hour ago, Fozz said:

Thanks! I'm working in Woonsocket, and I'm hoping for an apartment in Cumberland. As soon as I move in, I'll update my location to be more precise.

Providence averages 33 inches? Not sure about Cumberland.  Steve knows RI climo...

Once you hit the MA pike you’re 40-80 depending on elevation and proximity to the ocean.

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Providence averages 33 inches? Not sure about Cumberland.  Steve knows RI climo...

Once you hit the MA pike you’re 40-80 depending on elevation and proximity to the ocean.

Corey is from there I believe.  

Just did the 3.5 hour loop from my house to my son’s school in Bristol RI. It is so incredible there on an evening like tonight. I hope he appreciates it. 

Hit a light shower in the ORH area. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Just did the 3.5 hour loop from my house to my son’s school in Bristol RI. It is so incredible there on an evening like tonight. I hope he appreciates it. 

So Corey is north foster right?  That’s a lot snowier per what we’ve been told.

48 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Cumberland gets quite a bit more than 33" from what I've been told. PVD is actually in Warwick, and its average is a bit deflated since the 90s had a lot of missing data.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Cory lives near Woonsocket. I think Diamond hill? They avg probably near 50” give or take where he is near 300-400’.

I think he's in Cumberland. Probably in the higher terrain near Diamond Hill. I've been told that Woonsocket isn't the best area to live in.

58 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I'm looking forward to the fall colors in this area, as well as further north. I'm thinking mid October would be a good time for here, while NNE peaks a bit earlier.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Yes, welcome to the sub-forum @Fozz....you’ve been around for a long time (even back to Wright-Weather maybe?), so a good free agent pick-up for team New England.

I joined Eastern in 2007 or 08, so it’s been at least 11 years now. Glad to be up here in New England now... I’ve envied you guys for years.

10 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Welcome!

Thanks Diane! Hope you’re doing alright in the southern heat... it seems relentless.

9 hours ago, weathafella said:

So Corey is north foster right?  That’s a lot snowier per what we’ve been told.

North Foster is the snowiest Coop spot in NW RI due to its elevation and separation from the marine influence compared to the rest of the state climo and COOP spots. The snowiest spot would be the Gloucester Burriville elevated NW sections but we have little records. Jerry here is a map.

rhode-island-map.jpg