• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Weather Discussion 2019

dryslot

.09" of rain today. High temp of 57.6F which is right now  515pm. Cloud base has been right around my elevation of 1100 feet.  At times vis is less than 1/4 mile and at other times over 5 miles.  Ceiling lifting nicely now.

Several nickel and dime rain events this week all under .15".   One last mowing of the fields tomorrow.   

On 9/13/2019 at 10:49 PM, WxWatcher007 said:

First winter back since 12-13. In the years since, I’ve divorced winter and embraced tropical season. Kind of ironic with where I’ve lived but tropical was my first love even though I grew up here. Being able to chase helps. 

I’ve always wanted to go to Cherry Springs. Was hoping for this summer but it never worked out. I’ve never seen the Milky Way. Not even close.

It's absolutely worth it on a clear moonless night. It was an incredible view, but it can get a bit chilly even in the summer.

However if you're in Connecticut, the Adirondacks might be a better bet. Or remote areas of NNE.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fozz said:

It's absolutely worth it on a clear moonless night. It was an incredible view, but it can get a bit chilly even in the summer.

However if you're in Connecticut, the Adirondacks might be a better bet. Or remote areas of NNE.

You don't need to get too remote in Maine - I go to Popham Beach to photograph the Milky Way and it is clearly visible arcing from the horizon straight over your head

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Fozz said:

You can see it very well here on a clear night (and we are not that far!). My brother lives in Rome where you can’t even see a meteorite coming straight at you and was freaked out the first time he saw the Milky Way lol

34 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Big radiating week on my Point n Click

Every day is partly cloudy or sunny with a high in the upper 60s/low 70s 

Low of 0

lol

(can’t copy and paste on my mobile)

Lol. Here too.

Today
Sunny, with a high near 79. Calm wind.
Tonight
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 0. Calm wind.
Monday
Partly sunny, with a high near 72. Calm wind.
Monday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 0. Calm wind.
Tuesday
Sunny, with a high near 71. Calm wind.
Tuesday Night
Wednesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 70. Calm wind.
Wednesday Night
Thursday
Sunny, with a high near 73. Calm wind.
  • Haha 5