Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Weather Discussion 2019

dryslot

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I'll take 09-10 all day compared to 11-12. 

Easily...at least '09-'10 had snow pack for most of the winter IMBY. It was frustrating, but we pretty much kept our pack from 12/5 onward that year until a bit before the disaster March rainstorm. '11-'12 had long stretches in every month with bare ground....including just about all of December.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Life isn't all about chickens.

I don’t like losing in snowfall to DC-NYC while we get slopfests. I missed out on the Feb wind too. 11-12 had a monster anomalous event and was easy on the back from Dec through Feb. I don’t really care about keeping a glaciated pack older than one of pickle’s milfs all season. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I don’t like losing in snowfall to DC-NYC while we get slopfests. I missed out on the Feb wind too. 11-12 had a monster anomalous event and was easy on the back from Dec through Feb. I don’t really care about keeping a glaciated pack older than one of pickle’s milfs all season. 

I hate bare ground in winter. It's uglier than a glaciated pack imho. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You all loved the constant upslope snow that saved 2011-12 up north.  SnowNH writing drunken rants at 2am about if he sees another post about upslope snow while he looks at his brown yard...

End of Feb 2012 had one of the more prolific events I’ve seen on pure NW flow... 36” in 36 hours at the ski area.  Think we had 20” or so in town.

42 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The farther northeast one travels in New England, the worse that choice would be.  I'd put BWI getting more snow than CAR about on par with 1938 for rarity - 200-year event?   Even though 2009-10 had more SSDs than 11-12, and even though I got a measly 4.5" from the Octobomb (forecast was 10-16), I'd take the latter "winter" any day.  Both stunk but 09-10's frustration level was exponentially worse for NNE, except for the VT locales that got bombed in late Feb.

PTSD.....lol, 14" of snow from 1/18/10-04/17/10 that winter over a 3 mos period, Really epic, That ranked with some of the winters of the 80's.

The last true wintry event that season was the WONDEX of Jan. 28.   After that, all we had was the mashed potato fest in late Feb and 3.5" paste in April.  Worst 2nd half of winter ever, even worse than the less-snowy end of 05-06.

8 minutes ago, tamarack said:

The farther northeast one travels in New England, the worse that choice would be.  I'd put BWI getting more snow than CAR about on par with 1938 for rarity - 200-year event?   Even though 2009-10 had more SSDs than 11-12, and even though I got a measly 4.5" from the Octobomb (forecast was 10-16), I'd take the latter "winter" any day.  Both stunk but 09-10's frustration level was exponentially worse for NNE, except for the VT locales that got bombed in late Feb.

PTSD.....lol, 14" of snow from 1/18/10-04/17/10 that winter over a 3 mos period, Really epic, That ranked with some of the winters of the 80's.

The last true wintry event that season was the WONDEX of Jan. 28.   After that, all we had was the mashed potato fest in late Feb and 3.5" paste in April.  Worst 2nd half of winter ever, even worse than the less-snowy end of 05-06.

Yes, The 05-06 winter someone was boating on Long Lake in Naples in January, Winter of 09-10, 01/20-5.5" and then 02/27-4.0" that winter, So we got 9.5" of the 14" total in those two storms.

26 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I miss SnowNH drunken rants. Those were great. And yes, I did have to go up to NH that winter to see what snow looks like. For about 2 months it literally was Powderfreak posting to himself. 

I think I have one saved from like a 3am rant... it was like 6 paragraphs long of stream of consciousness with no periods or sentences :lol:.

35 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

But that is my point. Perhaps not taking it verbatim, but we all know something like that probably will not be seen again for NNE when comparing to the MA. Everyone scurred from that winter. Get a NAO like that again and it will likely be much different outcome. 

If that same longwave pattern happened again....it would be almost certainly be more prolific for NE.

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Man the PTSD some have from that winter. Losing to the mid atlantic while living in NNE is so anomalous. You just have to laugh about it. Someone like myself looks forward to the winter all year. 11-12 was brutal. Talk about a kick in the face. There is no way I want that again.

I don't recall the final totals for the mid-Atlantic that season (probably because I went to therapy and had such thoughts hypnotically removed from my mind), but I don't remember them getting more snow than way up north.  Wow.