Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Weather Discussion 2019

dryslot

6 hours ago, Hoth said:

CBC used to do a pumpkinfest of sorts where people would come and smash up pumpkins for use in the brewing process. Not sure if they still do.

Nice, you know!   They are one of the few and I have been on that Pumpkin team in the past.

Meanwhile, pretty awesome day and evening.  Late summer goodness.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Looks like his last post was right before Scooter told him he was throwing linguini at the wall to see what would stick.  The rest of us can annoy him but it seems Will, Ryan and Scooter are the ones that get him to take mini vacations.

Honestly, probably healthier for most of us to take some time away but that's a discussion for the resident psychologist.

You mean Tip?

• Haha 3

Back in Boston now.   You could see  autumn start rolling into Europe and given the fact that Paris is 48N that makes sense.  Last week was summer.  Wore a jacket to CDG yesterday.  Warm today here and we go through autumn with eternal hope for winter.   It’s like the baseball season before opening day.  Anything is possible...

Noon   80%  Watch coming for much of New England.  I'm a bit surprised in their meso analysis they have C/NNE in the possible watch area.  Very cool and thick overcast up here.  65/63  doesn't exactly say severe to me but I know there are other parameters than surface heating

Edit.   It's been 3 hours since I posted the above and not one post this PM with NE in a slight risk and a Severe Thunderstorm Watch.  Not much happening.   I received a few brief showers today with a whopping .07".   Everything is now east of me.   Severe season winding down.  Only thing to watch is Dorian which will stay SE of me and probably SNE too unless there can be some phasing with the trough.

:weenie:

Weenie out at 3,600ft... it never gets old watching the atmosphere in 3D in the mountains.  It’s a perspective being on flat ground doesn’t give you.  

Chillin with the dog up here, looking due south along the Spine, and start to see a brief tendril of Virga form over the barrier.  Then as it moves out over the east slopes it looks like it starts reaching the surface.  

35B5FEC5-88A8-4C4F-9993-7FA6222BD9D2.thumb.jpeg.dbe20ef90a284ebd8f2da50f258dfaa2.jpeg

Then by the time it gets to town it’s just straight pouring. 

7CB2FC79-D559-4E4F-9A4F-1CD4EE7D5BCA.jpeg.804be1d66182db450992edc644bf2d8d.jpeg

Looking at the radar, the interesting thing is how much further downstream it looked to take to really dump the rain... the heaviest radar echos did not match up with when it hit the ground, though guess that’s what happens when the beam has to be at least 4-5kft up to see it. 

577633AE-3486-42BF-93B2-BDF3190B3632.gif.3f47c347d396cc2d4a4ef9ed1c325d7b.gif

• Like 2

Love that this is becoming a thing... Chamber weather in the AFD:

“A North Country Chamber of Commerce day anticipated over the fa with plenty of sunshine, light winds, and cool temps on Thurs.”. 

Also, for the first time in a long time, the 7-day Zone forecast doesn’t have a high temperature of 70F or higher.  It’s 7 days of highs in the 60’s even with sunshine.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Took this on 84 in Southington CT heading toward West Hartford.....was looking west at it....it was headed east toward me....it looked suspicious to me....wall cloud?  I pulled off highway and checked RadarScope and there a definite circulation signature on velocity right on top of me....it got extremely rainy and very gusty right after that.....

https://imgur.com/a/tJXerV2

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

Took this on 84 in Southington CT heading toward West Hartford.....was looking west at it....it was headed east toward me....it looked suspicious to me....wall cloud?  I pulled off highway and checked RadarScope and there a definite circulation signature on velocity right on top of me....it got extremely rainy and very gusty right after that.....

https://imgur.com/a/tJXerV2

Wow.. Awesome pic!!

When making a post you can go to the "insert other media" option below the typing box and select "insert image from URL" and that should post an image from a link. But like dendrite said, make sure the link has an image file name at the end like ".jpg", ".gif", ".png", etc. 

Your link didn't have that at the end so you need to hold down directly on the image and copy it and it should copy the location of it. 

35 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

When making a post you can go to the "insert other media" option below the typing box and select "insert image from URL" and that should post an image from a link. But like dendrite said, make sure the link has an image file name at the end like ".jpg", ".gif", ".png", etc. 

Your link didn't have that at the end so you need to hold down directly on the image and copy it and it should copy the location of it. 

Ah.....right.....thanks....imugr uses those shortened weird links....