Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Weather Discussion 2019

dryslot

5 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Parents have that anxious to get home vibe... goes with what others have said about the end of summer.  Now the families have this rushed feeling.

4 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Labor Day at the movies, kids.

Yeah, the forecast up here was right on track indicating a perfect day for indoor stuff, so there was really no reason for anyone to be surprised.  The boys and I were online much of the day with friends having a blast getting some video game stuff done.  Temperatures weren’t all that bad though if folks wanted to be out for kayaking or something else that isn’t too dependent on dry conditions.  Just bring your rain gear and go at it.

I don’t know how those families do it that come up from the city every weekend throughout the year.  They’re constantly having to play that game of when to leave with regard to weather or other obligations, and that’s quite the nagging feeling.  We even see it at times when friends come up to visit, whether they have kids or not.  It must be brutal on those snowy Sundays when you have a drive that is literally made more difficult by the stuff that is going to make Sunday afternoon and/or Monday morning skiing spectacular.

48 minutes ago, J.Spin said:

Yeah, the forecast up here was right on track indicating a perfect day for indoor stuff, so there was really no reason for anyone to be surprised.  The boys and I were online much of the day with friends having a blast getting some video game stuff done.  Temperatures weren’t all that bad though if folks wanted to be out for kayaking or something else that isn’t too dependent on dry conditions.  Just bring your rain gear and go at it.

I don’t know how those families do it that come up from the city every weekend throughout the year.  They’re constantly having to play that game of when to leave with regard to weather or other obligations, and that’s quite the nagging feeling.  We even see it at times when friends come up to visit, whether they have kids or not.  It must be brutal on those snowy Sundays when you have a drive that is literally made more difficult by the stuff that is going to make Sunday afternoon and/or Monday morning skiing spectacular.

Yeah I've been watching the clearing back to the west in an attempt to get the dog out for her 3-mile loop. 

Looks like this last round should finally be it for rain.  Crazy it started last night at like 11pm and it's just finishing up here at 6pm the next day.

This burst looked to put down a quick quarter inch or so with some of the heavier rain rates of the event.  I see a lot of Underhill stations are now over 2" and so are the ones a little further up the road by the ski area.  Down here in town it looks like 1.3-1.4".  I'm assuming you are likely on the higher end there too as the westerly flow looked to be doing its business over the Spine the whole event.

LBNO32s.gif

The clearing is so close!

Looks like the sun is already out in the northern Champlain Valley for the 90 minutes or so of the daylight.

wD0tgXL.jpg

47 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I wish we had the same cool temperatures you managed.

Meanwhile, there's a patch of blue overhead with the sun peaking through.

65*, looks like we're finishing with 1.26".  Pretty righteous.

Nice rain total... get almost as much in 2-3 hours compared to what took 18 hours to do up here :lol:.  Efficiency. 

17 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Total fall line storm appeal. 1.14 with deluge a thunder clap and gusty post cool winds. Deep blue sky patches now. Summer I hardly knew ya

Rain Man. Just north of you not much at all. I’m in Hanover and it’s turning into a good event. Decent thunder too. Looks like I missed the goodies at home, but got a decent drink. 

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It’s amazing how few posts take place in these threads once the threat of heat and dews disappears.  

September is probably our best weather month of the year. Lots of lower dews and comfortable highs and it tend to be one of the drier warm season months. It makes for awesome outdoor activities, but it's also really boring from a meteorological standpoint unless we get threatened by the rogue TC. I've always found it to be one of yhe quieter months on the forum locally...obviously for the tropical crowd, they have that to track.