Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Weather Discussion 2019

dryslot

38 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Look at those kayaks. Tourists hoping for a fun weekend filled with outdoor activities. Now rain and upper 50s. But hey at least the plants are green.

Heh, they got two phenomenal days before hand... everyone is heading home anyway.   

Yesterday was our busiest summer operations day of the season.  Even had to close the Toll Road at 2pm due to too many cars.  Full sun and 70F was glorious.

• Like 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I know, just kidding around. Was a great weekend. 

But it is full shit today.  Makes it easier to end a vacation I’m sure.  Harder to leave if today was the full sun day.  Parents have that anxious to get home vibe... goes with what others have said about the end of summer.  Pace of life picks up and just has a different vibe than the end of a July weekend where no one is in a hurry to go anywhere.  Now the families have this rushed feeling.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

But it is full shit today.  Makes it easier to end a vacation I’m sure.  Harder to leave if today was the full sun day.  Parents have that anxious to get home vibe... goes with what others have said about the end of summer.  Pace of life picks up and just has a different vibe than the end of a July weekend where no one is in a hurry to go anywhere.  Now the families have this rushed feeling.

I hate that feeling lol. Back to school ftl. 

30 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

We did?  I must have missed it.  :)

Meanwhile, hoping the rain starts soon.

We did a nice walk with the dog this morning around 8AM.  Mostly sun at that point.  Quickly filled in.   Got to see a huge bald faced hornets nest right beside the road.    We will be walking on the opposite side until heavy frost comes or the neighborhood kids have some fun

30 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

58.8F   Light to moderate rain   .87"

Nice, glad someone else is suffering through this Labor Day with a wet one lol. 

I just got home to 1.13” when I emptied the stratus.  A solid half inch less than up at the mountain a few miles away but that’s normal.  

Im always amazed at how well the BTV 4km WRF and the 3km NAM can resolve those QPF differences in synoptic events... and it was generally right with 1-1.25” in town and 1.75-2.00” up the road at the mountain.... giving the ski area an extra 0.03-0.05”/hr for 12 hours.

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Look at those kayaks. Tourists hoping for a fun weekend filled with outdoor activities. Now rain and upper 50s. But hey at least the plants are green.

It was until today. Saturn was cloudy on and off but yesterday was as close to perfection as you can get.  Today just means they’ll spend more time and money at the Cabot Cheese Annex, Lake Champlain Chocolate Outlet and the brewery gift shops on their way out of town. 

28 minutes ago, mreaves said:

It was until today. Saturn was cloudy on and off but yesterday was as close to perfection as you can get.  Today just means they’ll spend more time and money at the Cabot Cheese Annex, Lake Champlain Chocolate Outlet and the brewery gift shops on their way out of town. 

Ben and Jerry’s Factory has probably run out of parking lol.

Anyway, looks like some truer fall weather later this week.  Highs in the 60s every day after Wednesday... and next weekend BTV has 5-10F below normal with days of like 62/42 type stuff.