• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2019 OBS Thread

Rtd208

Definitely not 60mph gusts here, maybe 30 tops but I havent noticed too much wind just a lot of rain and some lightning.  

Edit: just after I posted this there is a strong sustained gust.  Wish I could measure it, definitely not 60 but enough to make the house creak and the lights flicker.  Sounds a bit like a jet taking off outside.

8 minutes ago, ChasingFlakes said:

Definitely not 60mph gusts here, maybe 30 tops but I havent noticed too much wind just a lot of rain and some lightning.  

Edit: just after I posted this there is a strong sustained gust.  Wish I could measure it, definitely not 60 but enough to make the house creak and the lights flicker.  Sounds a bit like a jet taking off outside.

That was pretty impressive - could hear the wind roaring (SSW to NNE) as the line slowly approached from the west...had to be gusts over 50 going by the sound and tree motion. Lots of flashes but I think most of them were transformers blowing. Power has been off and on a few times here...currently off.

Just now, Ralph Wiggum said:

Same cell that ripped thru here (Warminster/Hartsville). Interested to see what guests were reported. Sounded more fierce than anything during Sandy.

The Helloween red line should be hitting in about 20 minutes. Flood light is on i might see flying tomb stones.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Dodged the bullet with the big hype wind event a few weeks ago. This one is terrible timing being really late at night with rain continuing and crashing temps. Helloween

Had to turn on the little generator here, takes care of the fridge at least. Still no word on when we might get power back, looking at the outage map there's a bunch (600 plus outages, 129k customers [for PECO]).

Both my sisters (one in Delco and one in Montco) have power out.  Heard the EAS around 11:30 pm and heard the wind roar, although I was expecting some lightning/thunder but didn't see/hear any, so this was mostly a gust front.  Temp was 71 around 11 pm and once the front came through, fell off a cliff.  Finished up with 0.65" or rain total yesterday and have 0.19" so far this morning.

Currently down to 44 and clear but windy.

Wow.  I saw that the NWS confirmed an EF2 in Delco -

I guess what was originally considered a "meh" line decided to prove that it had other plans. :yikes:

My sister who lives in Wyndmoor has had her power out since last night and and most of her township (Springfield in Montco) had outages including the schools (which were closed today due to that).

Next weekend keeps trending colder, below freezing for highs in early November is anomalous cold. Then there's last Novembers radical mid November record PV attack seems real nutty weather is a common occurrence now. 

I don't think cold enough for snow weather is something we want to see this early, just cause it isn't timed with moisture to snow doesn't make it any less an omen.

1 hour ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Wow.  I saw that the NWS confirmed an EF2 in Delco -

I guess what was originally considered a "meh" line decided to prove that it had other plans. :yikes:

My sister who lives in Wyndmoor has had her power out since last night and and most of her township (Springfield in Montco) had outages including the schools (which were closed today due to that).

Glen Mills is my post office, but down here we just heard the storm chugging by, probably a couple of minutes before touch down. Pretty awesome sounding, and unusual, especially on Halloween and at 11:30 pm. I'll admit I was on the edge of my seat on the porch, lol. Glad that (apparently) no one was hurt.