• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2019 OBS Thread

Rtd208

Pretty sharp precip cutoff with the front and the sun had popped out about 30 minutes ago although there are some debris clouds around at the moment.  Ended up with 1.43" of rain, with the heaviest rates between 11 am and noon (around 1"/hr).  Low was 54 this morning and it hit 70 around an hour ago although currently it's down to 69 and mostly cloudy, with breaks in the ceiling where you can see the blue sky.

A warm and wet day across Western Chester County today....but nowhere close to the record warmth we used to experience back in the mid-1980's (before climate change) when we had 3 record days in a row ending today of 75.0/81.0/81.0 ....although today's 1.53" or rain was an all-time daily rain record for the county dating back to 1894. The old record was the 1.49" on this date back in 1987

image.png.95100add54f2f012c238ee6fa077b114.png

image.png

2 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

As you said, Mt Holly doesnt seem too enthused. 

Neither am I, save for western areas. Line should be falling apart as it enters the 95 corridor. Lancaster/York, maybe West Chester counties could see some interesting weather if those gusts mix down with convection. Don't see this being a big deal for most of the CWA though.

Had just sat down to chill in the cabana and not more than 30 seconds passed and had some aberrant hell'o rogue south wind gust that must have been between 60-70mph! Blew chairs and cushions that hadn't been budged in that last wind event and damn near caused the cabana to break free and fly skyward. What is up with the over performing winds these days?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, RedSky said:

Had just sat down to chill in the cabana and not more than 30 seconds passed and had some aberrant hell'o rogue south wind gust that must have been between 60-70mph! Blew chairs and cushions that hadn't been budged in that last wind event and damn near caused the cabana to break free and fly skyward. What is up with the over performing winds these days?

Did you remain calm?

• Haha 1

Looks like Norman swooped in and put up a Severe Thunderstorm Watch for the Philly metro area -

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH OUTLINE UPDATE FOR WS 691
NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK
755 PM EDT THU OCT 31 2019

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 691 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 100 AM EDT
FOR THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS

PAC011-017-025-029-045-077-089-091-095-101-010500-
/O.NEW.KWNS.SV.A.0691.191031T2355Z-191101T0500Z/

PA
.    PENNSYLVANIA COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

BERKS                BUCKS               CARBON
CHESTER              DELAWARE            LEHIGH
MONROE               MONTGOMERY          NORTHAMPTON
PHILADELPHIA
$$

Meanwhile I'm up to 0.32" of rain for the day so far (spread throughout) and currently 70.

2 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Did you remain calm?

It was a let down I thought the wind was going to lift me into the clouds

However I have successfully rigged the jackOlantern candles to stay lit in Cat 1 cane or F0 tornado winds so bring it again can't interrupt my Samhain 

The leading edge of that thing is only about a half hour away from me. Looks like it might get interesting over here near Coatesville, and a lot sooner than I would have thought based on all the warnings and models etc. Outside temp dipped briefly to 72° an hour ago but is back up to 74° now, and the DP has held steady at 69° all evening. Starting to get gusty as well.

2 hours ago, RedSky said:

It was a let down I thought the wind was going to lift me into the clouds

However I have successfully rigged the jackOlantern candles to stay lit in Cat 1 cane or F0 tornado winds so bring it again can't interrupt my Samhain 

Lol....you might get a chance with this line coming through. Is rain a problem?

16 minutes ago, ChasingFlakes said:

The severe T-Storm warning issued at 10pm stated 60mph gusts and >.75in hail.  This will definitely be the last day of fall colors. 

Report said little to no lightning as well, although I'm seekng a good bit of lightning to my NNW.  

I've seen a couple of distant flashes here as well, but not close enough for thunder. Radar looks interesting, and winds are picking up a bit in gusts.

29 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

I've seen a couple of distant flashes here as well, but not close enough for thunder. Radar looks interesting, and winds are picking up a bit in gusts.

I heard a distant rumble when I went out to my car but it was far away.   Starting to rain hard with strong gusts here.

Also some person in my neighborhood put flyers in everyones mailbox trying to cancel halloween due to poor weather.. it didnt start raining again until 10pm, it was low 70s and tomorrow is going to be chilly with a high of 51/low of 32 forecast.  They clearly dont follow the weather and you cant change a damn holiday.