• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2019 OBS Thread

Rtd208

Had a high of 77 yesterday after a low of 64, with quite a bit of high clouds and overcast, but some occasional sun.  Currently 64 and overcast. There was also a beautiful yellow/orange/red/purple sunset yesterday evening (enough that it prompted one of my sisters to text a pic of it that my niece took). Am thinking that may have been Dorian-related as the moist ocean-side feeders of the storm are visible east of us here -

dorian-G16_conus_band14_48fr_20190906-0547-lonwave-ir-full-09062019.gif

There has been a stray band from the outer bands of Dorian sitting over the I-95 corridor since this afternoon.  Am currently up to 0.12" from it so it hasn't been heavy but it has kept the temps in the low 60s.  Since the last couple storms either fringed or missed me, I had to pull out the hose yesterday and of course what happens today...? :whistle:

Currently 61 and breezy with light rain.

Am now up to 0.17" so far from that band.  The band has moved away to the NW of me as Dorian lifts to the NE and starts it's trek away from the coast, so it's possible that the little band may pivot around and move  back down here from the N and then from the NW before it pulls completely away and is history.

Currently 59 and overcast.

I finally ended up with 0.20" of Dorian rain with the last of it coming through just after 10pm.  But wow.... didn't realize it was going to chill down this much.  My high yesterday was 68 and the low ended up at midnight at 58.  But this morning it is currently down to 55 and that brush with Dorian yesterday felt like a chilly nor'easter vs a steamy tropical hurricane I guess due to it pulling down some cold Canadian air when it got sucked into the trough.

Definitely a "trigger" for plants and animals that fall is coming (and I know Birds~69 is loving it :lol:) although it's supposed to warm back up into the low - mid-80s next week.

2 hours ago, RedSky said:

Hit 82F now with a forecast high of 73F. A tad off eh?

I kinda thought the same thing.  Got up to 82 here too, which was my high (after a low of 65).  It was overcast earlier this morning but once that went away, the temps started shooting up (as did the point and click forecast temp). :lol: It's been back to overcast the past hour or so now and the temp is down to 78.

Made it up to 88 today (but not until 4:30 pm), and with ugly dews in the low 70s, but interesting that it is still 81 out right now.  The temp was slow to rise here this morning so didn't expect to hit the big 9-0.  Will be interesting to see if it gets closer to it tomorrow.  There's a little blob on the radar headed this way but I expect it'll either fizzle or fringe me.

ETA ~8:45pm - am seeing lightning flashes way off to my south. lol

radar-zoom6-09112019.png

13 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Made it up to 88 today (but not until 4:30 pm), and with ugly dews in the low 70s, but interesting that it is still 81 out right now.  The temp was slow to rise here this morning so didn't expect to hit the big 9-0.  Will be interesting to see if it gets closer to it tomorrow.  There's a little blob on the radar headed this way but I expect it'll either fizzle or fringe me.

ETA ~8:45pm - am seeing lightning flashes way off to my south. lol

radar-zoom6-09112019.png

That cell to the NW tracked right over my house. It was a terrific light and sound show with a bunch of rain as well. Saw a transformer blow and we lost power for a few minutes, but that was it. Haven't had a proper storm like that in a while!

1 minute ago, CoolHandMike said:

That cell to the NW tracked right over my house. It was a terrific light and sound show with a bunch of rain as well. Saw a transformer blow and we lost power for a few minutes, but that was it. Haven't had a proper storm like that in a while!

That cell was lighting up the sky here but was too far to the south & west of me to get anything from it.  This is where it moved when I saw the sky lit up -

radar-zoom10-09112019.png

1 hour ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Have been fringed or entirely missed the past couple storms until now!  High today was 87 after a "low" of 74.  Currently 84 and dropping with a gully washer (have 0.18" do far at post time).

radar-zoom15-09122019.png

This is one wave I'm happy to see passing through.  Looking forward to a little rest from humidity.  Looks as though that returns next week.

11 minutes ago, stemwinder said:

This is one wave I'm happy to see passing through.  Looking forward to a little rest from humidity.  Looks as though that returns next week.

It dropped my temp down to 73 and I ended up with 0.25" of rain (it was a relatively fast-moving line).  Look forward to putting the oven on tomorrow (have been avoiding using the oven most of the summer)! :lol:

• Like 1