Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
New England Convective Discussion

weatherwiz

14 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

This is the 16z HRRR for BDL at 0z...obviously indications are there that we destabilize quite a bit later on. FWIW...it does have that convection moving through now as it lowers CAPE then quickly rebuilds it...LLJ strengthens too

image.thumb.png.38b684017950c4b076bb4033181d760e.png

Same thing as previous deals. Everyone gets worried about the morning rain, too many clouds, then a round goes through mid-day/early afternoon, sun comes out and sets things up for the 5-8pm window. 

Time-sensitive.  245pm  What is moving eastbound through the whole NE US at super speed right now?  Gravity wave.  Noticing it on the vis.  Just really unusual to see.  Not really related to the severe threat but figured I post on this thread since its active.   https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=subregional-New_England-02-48-1-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=undefined

5 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

Same thing as previous deals. Everyone gets worried about the morning rain, too many clouds, then a round goes through mid-day/early afternoon, sun comes out and sets things up for the 5-8pm window. 

I did/do see those concerns, however, like I mentioned a few posts back there are differences here. Shear increases as the afternoon progresses...not decreases and the signals have been in place for rapid destabilization behind this. With dews so high and still strong sun it won't take much for temps to jump and vastly re-boost CAPE. 

6 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Time-sensitive.  245pm  What is moving eastbound through the whole NE US at super speed right now?  Gravity wave.  Noticing it on the vis.  Just really unusual to see.  Not really related to the severe threat but figured I post on this thread since its active.   https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=subregional-New_England-02-48-1-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=undefined

Noticed that a minute ago. Very cool to see.