Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New England Convective Discussion

weatherwiz

32 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Pretty limited choices here, Really the only cable option is Spectrum other then satellite tv,  Directv was up to $200/mos, I already had Time Warner Cable (now Spectrum) for internet paying $89.95/mos for 20 megs, I wasn't considered a new customer, And by the way, Direct/Dish do the same things to existing customers and new ones get deals, But the switching saves me $130/mos, Plus i went up to 100 megs on internet, So i bundled the TV/Internet.

Same here with limited options.  I'm thinking of just doing internet TV.  Its not just cable and dish companies that do it.  Everyone has the sweetheart deals for new customers but nothing for retaining customers unless you make a big stink.

1 minute ago, mreaves said:

Same here with limited options.  I'm thinking of just doing internet TV.  Its not just cable and dish companies that do it.  Everyone has the sweetheart deals for new customers but nothing for retaining customers unless you make a big stink.

Yeah, I looked into live streaming with Roku and Youtube tv but that comes with caveats too as far as what you could get for channels, Plus, you need to have devices equipped with the apps or you can use a stick, But the internet was still going to be the issue for me, Funny once i called direct to cancel the last thing the girl says to me if you ever want to come back we have some real good pkgs for returning customers, Where was that for the current ones?

54 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Yeah, I looked into live streaming with Roku and Youtube tv but that comes with caveats too as far as what you could get for channels, Plus, you need to have devices equipped with the apps or you can use a stick, But the internet was still going to be the issue for me, Funny once i called direct to cancel the last thing the girl says to me if you ever want to come back we have some real good pkgs for returning customers, Where was that for the current ones?

We dumped our cable and land line last year and switched to youtube tv using a roku stick.  Very happy with the change, and youtube tv has lots of channels.  Also saving about $70 per month even though we bumped up to a higher internet speed.  We added a wifi enhancer since the tv is a few rooms away from the router and that has really helped boost the signal.

4 minutes ago, HimoorWx said:

We dumped our cable and land line last year and switched to youtube tv using a roku stick.  Very happy with the change, and youtube tv has lots of channels.  Also saving about $70 per month even though we bumped up to a higher internet speed.  We added a wifi enhancer since the tv is a few rooms away from the router and that has really helped boost the signal.

I'm big on sports and i don't remember which of the two it was but would not be able to get some of the channels i watch if i remember correctly, Should be able to eliminate a couple of the cable boxes by downloading the spectrum app and going Roku tv or the stick as well, I want to add another tv to a different part of the house and now will be able to stream to it without running cables.

14 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I'm big on sports and i don't remember which of the two it was but would not be able to get some of the channels i watch if i remember correctly, Should be able to eliminate a couple of the cable boxes by downloading the spectrum app and going Roku tv or the stick as well, I want to add another tv to a different part of the house and now will be able to stream to it without running cables.

Here are the sports channels that are included in my area with youtube tv. I also added the NBC Sports Gold Soccer package so I don't miss any of the Premier League matches that aren't on NBCSN.

ACC Network
BTN
CBS Sports Network
ESPN
ESPN2
ESPNews
ESPNU
FS1
FS2
Golf Channel
MLB Network
NBA TV
NBC Sports Boston
NBCSN
New England Cable News
New England Sports Network
New England Sports Network Plus
Olympic Channel
SEC Network
Tennis Channel

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HimoorWx said:

Here are the sports channels that are included in my area with youtube tv. I also added the NBC Sports Gold Soccer package so I don't miss any of the Premier League matches that aren't on NBCSN.

ACC Network
BTN
CBS Sports Network
ESPN
ESPN2
ESPNews
ESPNU
FS1
FS2
Golf Channel
MLB Network
NBA TV
NBC Sports Boston
NBCSN
New England Cable News
New England Sports Network
New England Sports Network Plus
Olympic Channel
SEC Network
Tennis Channel

I'm getting YouTube TV in 9/1,looks great

52 minutes ago, dryslot said:

The only reason I stay with DIRECTV is NFL Sunday Ticket and that was with the caveat of a healthy price discount on it. Since AT&T took over said discount is being greatly reduced or simply eliminated. I’ll make my yearly call to their retention Dept next week and see what happens. If unsatisfactory I will be out the door in January.

5 minutes ago, scoob40 said:

The only reason I stay with DIRECTV is NFL Sunday Ticket and that was with the caveat of a healthy price discount on it. Since AT&T took over said discount is being greatly reduced or simply eliminated. I’ll make my yearly call to their retention Dept next week and see what happens. If unsatisfactory I will be out the door in January.

I was with Dish for many years before switching to Directv, But was with direct for the last 10 or so, Not a lot of choices in the market up here where i am, In PWM a different story.

7 hours ago, sbos_wx said:

I'm getting YouTube TV in 9/1,looks great

YouTube tv was great. We had it for like 8 months while in our condo. Internet and YouTube tv cost me 80$ month... not bad.

Now we just split cable with my parents living in the in law downstairs, so it’s about 80$ still with Comcast when split