• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New England Convective Discussion

weatherwiz

Didn't get the 7-10 split this time - 2.38" reported to cocorahs.  Between 6 and 8:45 last evening 2.25" fell, and it's been a long time since we had that intense a rain event with no thunder and no connection to a TC.  Sandy River has hardly risen at all overnight, so I don't think the downpour was all that great in extent.

1 minute ago, tamarack said:

Didn't get the 7-10 split this time - 2.38" reported to cocorahs.  Between 6 and 8:45 last evening 2.25" fell, and it's been a long time since we had that intense a rain event with no thunder and no connection to a TC.  Sandy River has hardly risen at all overnight, so I don't think the downpour was all that great in extent.

Nice. I had noticed you've been missing out on a lot of the bigger rain totals. Glad you got a good drink. Everything has really been turning lush here with the multiple days of good soaks.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Nice. I had noticed you've been missing out on a lot of the bigger rain totals. Glad you got a good drink. Everything has really been turning lush here with the multiple days of good soaks.

August RA now just 0.10" below my average (4.02") for the full month.  Weeds in garden about to go nuts, but it's all good.  Unless we were to get a major heat wave, garden moisture is probably all set for the remainder of the growing season.  (And I'm really glad I picked heavily on the cherry tomatoes Tuesday afternoon, or things would be bursting all over - may still be but not the 60-70 I already plucked.)

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

It was a nuisance really as i was playing tech outside as i switched from direct tv to spectrum and had to dodge the rain drops making the transition on the outside work last night.

I think Scoot would take a 0.57" nuisance today.

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Seems that way since about 2013. Each summer BN precip. I guess this year with June and July it may not qualify.

I forget which year it was, maybe '14 or '15, but it was an exceedingly dry period in Boston. The grass was totally fried on the esplanade and the leaves started going brown and falling off the trees in July. Driving up 95 through Waltham by the Cambridge Reservoir was eye opening. Just absurdly low. 

6 minutes ago, Hoth said:

I forget which year it was, maybe '14 or '15, but it was an exceedingly dry period in Boston. The grass was totally fried on the esplanade and the leaves started going brown and falling off the trees in July. Driving up 95 through Waltham by the Cambridge Reservoir was eye opening. Just absurdly low. 

16 was real dry. 

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

It was a nuisance really as i was playing tech outside as i switched from direct tv to spectrum and had to dodge the rain drops making the transition on the outside work last night.

Ugh, Spectrum.  I'd love to get rid of them and probably will for TV but I'm stuck with them for internet.  $200 a month for cable and internet.  I know I could reduce the cable package to save a few $$ but I dislike them on general principle.  I hate the way they stick it to existing customers while giving new customers deals.  

21 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Ugh, Spectrum.  I'd love to get rid of them and probably will for TV but I'm stuck with them for internet.  $200 a month for cable and internet.  I know I could reduce the cable package to save a few $$ but I dislike them on general principle.  I hate the way they stick it to existing customers while giving new customers deals.  

Pretty limited choices here, Really the only cable option is Spectrum other then satellite tv,  Directv was up to $200/mos, I already had Time Warner Cable (now Spectrum) for internet paying $89.95/mos for 20 megs, I wasn't considered a new customer, And by the way, Direct/Dish do the same things to existing customers and new ones get deals, But the switching saves me $130/mos, Plus i went up to 100 megs on internet, So i bundled the TV/Internet.