• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Wednesday, August 7, 2019 Severe Potential

weatherwiz

I left Bethel NY at 5:00 and just got into Brooklyn, CT.  We pretty much rode with the heavy rain, thunder and lightning the entire ride.  We came out of it for a bit in Danbury when we stopped to eat, then drove right back into it the rest of the way.  I wish I had a dash-cam.  Serious lightning strikes the entire way. Was crazy, and would have been a wet dream for wiz to drive in.  

1 minute ago, Cold Miser said:

Even 2 teams in futile territory deserve to play it out...Even if it means risking a lightning strike or 2 and a few sheets of rain. 

Guess so. Surprised they are still playing considering lightning is within 8 miles and the area is under a severe warning.

12 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Even 2 teams in futile territory deserve to play it out...Even if it means risking a lightning strike or 2 and a few sheets of rain. 

Ha, That was not going to happen with that line moving thru, I was shocked they didn't unroll the tarp after 9.

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Ha, That was not going to happen with that line moving thru, I was shocked they didn't unroll the tarp after 9.

After 8?  I guess they really wanted to try and get a winner since ties are an abomination in Baseball?

I can't envision this game starting again tonight and the Royals play in Detroit tomorrow.

23 minutes ago, LSC97wxnut said:

After 8?  I guess they really wanted to try and get a winner since ties are an abomination in Baseball?

I can't envision this game starting again tonight and the Royals play in Detroit tomorrow.

They gave both teams a shot in the ninth to end it and neither did, its over for tonight.

11 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

Lol the Sox game in a delay tied at 4 in extras.....haha....doesn’t look to be ending anytime soon either....they’ll have to finish that game somehow later?

Probably... they don't play each other again this season though.  I guess let the rest of the regular season play out and if needed, play the end of the game like on an off day in late September?  Could try September 2nd as it is an open day... heading to Minnesota to play the Twins in the 3rd after being in LA on the 1st.  But who'd come to a game for possibly only 10 minutes lol

ETA: looks like it might have to be Sept 30 if needed

13 minutes ago, yoda said:

Probably... they don't play each other again this season though.  I guess let the rest of the regular season play out and if needed, play the end of the game like on an off day in late September?  Could try September 2nd as it is an open day... heading to Minnesota to play the Twins in the 3rd after being in LA on the 1st.  But who'd come to a game for possibly only 10 minutes lol

ETA: looks like it might have to be Sept 30 if needed

Aug 22 may make more sense with it being an off day for both teams and KC in Baltimore already.....Sox already home vs Philly....