• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Wednesday, August 7, 2019 Severe Potential

weatherwiz

On going water rescue (s) going on at Newfound Lake. Towns of Bristol and Alexandria.  Thunderstorm that barely missed me hit the lake.  I had frequent wind gusts over a 10 minute period in the mid 30's so it might have caught some off guard.  Grafton County was not in the Severe Thunderstorm Watch and storm was not warned. 

31 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Jesus H how is that real lol. Do you have a different rain rate sensor or is that standard?

1.31” through the tipper. Just checked the stratus and miraculously measured 1.31” there too. So the half inch in 3-4 mins was real. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, radarman said:

Probably some erroneous tips being recorded. 

Matched the stratus exactly. If anything, I usually miss a few tips in heavy rates with over 1”, but I’ve been meticulously calibrating that tipper. Maybe I missed a few due to splashout, but gained a few because of the wind and it somehow balanced out? No clue. Close enough though.

I will say, I’ve never seen it rain as hard as it did in those few minutes. Lots of minor tree damage around and a few large branches between here and down toward Winnisquam high school.

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Matched the stratus exactly. If anything, I usually miss a few tips in heavy rates with over 1”, but I’ve been meticulously calibrating that tipper. Maybe I missed a few due to splashout, but gained a few because of the wind and it somehow balanced out? No clue. Close enough though.

I will say, I’ve never seen it rain as hard as it did in those few minutes. Lots of minor tree damage around and a few large branches between here and down toward Winnisquam high school.

.06"   max wind gust 36mph