• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The 2019-2020 Ski Season Thread

Skivt2

Well, I’ve made it to Vermont late last night. Some roads were still snow covered, but there was hardly anyone driving, so I just had to slow down a bit on some stretches.

Slept in, so I’m now in Montpelier, and once I’m done with breakfast, I’m headed to Stowe.

23 minutes ago, Fozz said:

Well, I’ve made it to Vermont late last night. Some roads were still snow covered, but there was hardly anyone driving, so I just had to slow down a bit on some stretches.

Slept in, so I’m now in Montpelier, and once I’m done with breakfast, I’m headed to Stowe.

Capital Plaza?  I work across the street. 

46 minutes ago, Fozz said:

Very close. Just off Main Street. I feel that I’m almost in your backyard since Barre is right near by.

Nice pics below. I live in Barre and work in Montpelier at the Attorney General’s office. Montpelier is a neat town. A couple of good restaurants. Pretty much shuts down after 5:00 and on weekends when all of us state employees go home. 

36 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Nice pics below. I live in Barre and work in Montpelier at the Attorney General’s office. Montpelier is a neat town. A couple of good restaurants. Pretty much shuts down after 5:00 and on weekends when all of us state employees go home. 

Yeah it’s a really nice little town, exactly how I imagined Vermont to be. Great trip so far.

First weekend at Sugarloaf.   Absolutely in love. Everyone there is super nice and for the most part excellent skiers.   Extremely cold Sunday but no wind.  Excellent conditions.  Felt like I was chasing the snow up but heard Sunday River had more.   Took me 7 hours to get there from Boston on Friday with one stop to pick someone up in Portland. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, amarshall said:

First weekend at Sugarloaf.   Absolutely in love. Everyone there is super nice and for the most part excellent skiers.   Extremely cold Sunday but no wind.  Excellent conditions.  Felt like I was chasing the snow up but heard Sunday River had more.   Took me 7 hours to get there from Boston on Friday with one stop to pick someone up in Portland. 

That ride is crazy,no where to get there from here place. But the corner when it first comes into view is worth it all. Love me some Sugarloaf. Pics please 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:
That ride is crazy,no where to get there from here place. But the corner when it first comes into view is worth it all. Love me some Sugarloaf. Pics please 

Mostly pics of the 10 yr old

top of white nitro, knocking that off, 

. 72f063d737698f43552942cea7313623.jpg145d23e28fbf8c358b0cc12258ab22a8.jpg

Sunday morning

c5b8a0068885c1a7419499e0a5494cb5.jpg

Brackket basin...little thin. A little challenging for the little one. 

ad754e8e5a986b8b15dbaa424dd6ceb4.jpg

yours truly

3bf5d8591b5af71250be4f0eb730aa47.jpg

New snow tires on the ski machine, performed excellent. 

9e32773e13e9ffb88efaca7dcee6647a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, amarshall said:

Mostly pics of the 10 yr old

top of white nitro, knocking that off, 

. 72f063d737698f43552942cea7313623.jpg145d23e28fbf8c358b0cc12258ab22a8.jpg

Sunday morning

c5b8a0068885c1a7419499e0a5494cb5.jpg

Brackket basin...little thin. A little challenging for the little one. 

ad754e8e5a986b8b15dbaa424dd6ceb4.jpg

yours truly

3bf5d8591b5af71250be4f0eb730aa47.jpg

New snow tires on the ski machine, performed excellent. 

9e32773e13e9ffb88efaca7dcee6647a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sweet, enjoy and the boy is getting big.

• Like 1

Just booked a last minute impulse trip to Montana for Presidents’ Day weekend. 

Flying into Missoula, going to ski three days. Probably one at Montana SnowBowl and two at Lost Trail. Lost Trail tickets are $49/day for 325” of snow per year and 1000 acres. Snow Bowl is $52/day for 300” and 900 acres. Can’t beat it. 

1C76F971-F7AE-48B1-A0F9-BF039D1BEE38.png

• Like 1

I had another great day at Stowe today (well, maybe technically yesterday since it's midnight). It snowed all day and there was some good fresh powder on many trails.

This hasn’t been a very good season, but these past 3 days at Stowe were amazing. I couldn’t have picked a better time to go up there.

Smugglers from Spruce peak was my last run of the day.

33oyqM9.jpg

jYdFVgQ.jpg

This was from up top the Four Runner quad.

QquZhxT.jpg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Fozz said:

I had another great day at Stowe today (well, maybe technically yesterday since it's midnight). It snowed all day and there was some good fresh powder on many trails.

This hasn’t been a very good season, but these past 3 days at Stowe were amazing. I couldn’t have picked a better time to go up there.

Smugglers from Spruce peak was my last run of the day.

33oyqM9.jpg

jYdFVgQ.jpg

This was from up top the Four Runner quad.

QquZhxT.jpg

•  

I miss Smuggs very much! Glad you had a good run up there!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Nice day today at Mount Snow with packed powder and machine groomed. Comfortable temperatures in the upper 20's and lower 30's. The mountain is in good shape for the crowds on Presidents Week,

How was the north face?  Looks like they finally opened some of the natural trails over there,

On 2/10/2020 at 10:28 AM, amarshall said:

It’s my favorite!   Spent a lot of great times at that mountain and hope to get back there soon. 

• Like 1

Only like 2-3 new at Magic but after some human groomin to bust up a crusty layer with soft snow underneath, the sun started poking out and it got really good.  Some of the steepest lines on the hill are open and skiing great, the top of Magician, Black Line, Goniff. Powder turns on the edges sheltered from the -dz, packed powder elsewhere.   20k vert for $29 throwback thursday, can't beat that.

On 2/13/2020 at 6:18 PM, radarman said:

Only like 2-3 new at Magic but after some human groomin to bust up a crusty layer with soft snow underneath, the sun started poking out and it got really good.  Some of the steepest lines on the hill are open and skiing great, the top of Magician, Black Line, Goniff. Powder turns on the edges sheltered from the -dz, packed powder elsewhere.   20k vert for $29 throwback thursday, can't beat that.

Love magic, it's the reason my 2020 proto type 2 is beat to shit.  Edges like a steak knife.  Tuned it up as best I could a few weeks back while I was staying at grandpa grunts though.  Would love to get to magic on a deep day that has a reliable base underneath it.  

Here's a clip there from last march, about 8-11" of dust on crust.  

Skied Crotched yesterday PM into the evening with my 9-yo nephew from DC. Talking to folks on the lifts, lots of NYers doing the Crotched, Sunapee, Mt. Snow loop over the 3-day weekend with their "Vail" pass. Thank goodness for snowmaking. Crotched doesn't have the most character but the snow product is consistent and it's a real nice asset in the local community. Noticed the nordic races went off in Dublin NH - just southwest of Crotched - yesterday with enough natural coverage. Only 3 days of alpine this season but all have over-delivered based upon expectations.