Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The 2019-2020 Ski Season Thread

Skivt2

8 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

at Wachusett.   He says he has never seen it so busy before.

headed to Cannon tomorrow. Son sent me a Reddit thread about today's lines - yikes, some of the pictures posted were horrible. 

• Like 1

Had a great day at Royal Mtn. No lift lines. About 5” Thu and 7” yesterday. They’re closed midweek, so snow was great. In the morning the cord on the groomed trails was the softest I’ve ever skied. Got 25 runs in. Only 500 vertical lol. Great day overall. Royal has some great lift line skiing and tree skiing 03c8ae2fefd2fa2fd107dc933f087942.pngbut there wasn’t quite enough snow and they had trees and branches down in the woods everywhere from the last ice storm. Bummer? But great day overall!!

Much better than expected at Cannon today. They have done a good job recovering from last weekend. The front 5 part of mountain was being pounded by snow making to point it was nearly impossible to ski due to visibility. First day on downhill skis - felt good.

18 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Nice morning at Berkshire East no lines and the snow was real nice packed powder and soft machine groomed.  

093C136D-E45D-4E48-8EE4-307A7ECCCF6B.thumb.jpeg.b7b2ea084cd955cc7d72fee7ba6d6223.jpeg

I was shocked to see them listing lower liftline as open with snowmaking. I know they have done it before but I didn't think they did it often.

44 minutes ago, Angus said:

I need to get out to BEast this season. 

Hopefully February brings the goods in terms of snow.   It is a classic old-school New England mountain and when it is wide open it is super fun!

Wachuesett has more trails (and is fantastic)  but B’East has more vertical and glades if we can actually get them open. 

Wildcat was nice yesterday morning but once the top layer of dry snow was sloughed off it was a bit icy underneath. They need more snow to open more terrain.  Attitash today was pretty good too.  A little crowded but manageable, snow was heavier than wildcat. Flurried for a bit around noon. Was raining/freezing rain when we left at 430 and it was snowing at 1900ft going through pinkhams notch at 31f.  Id love to hit up cannon tomorrow but my buddy is tied to the peak pass... and we're saving Jay for Monday.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChasingFlakes said:

Wildcat was nice yesterday morning but once the top layer of dry snow was sloughed off it was a bit icy underneath. They need more snow to open more terrain.  Attitash today was pretty good too.  A little crowded but manageable, snow was heavier than wildcat. Flurried for a bit around noon. Was raining/freezing rain when we left at 430 and it was snowing at 1900ft going through pinkhams notch at 31f.  Id love to hit up cannon tomorrow but my buddy is tied to the peak pass... and we're saving Jay for Monday.  

Nice little New England mountain tour you guys are doing.

Skied Magic on Friday.  Place was dead And they had pretty limited terrain.  Groomers were in very nice shape though. Had a great BLT at the Black Line Tavern. 

We drove to Pico only to find crazy lift lines and windholds.  They mentioned if they were still on hold by 11 we could ski Killington but judging by the crowds we decided to not bother skiing at all.  Pretty disappointed but the hot tub felt pretty good regardless.

Ski resorts badly need some snow! 

23 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Nice little New England mountain tour you guys are doing.

Yeah man Jay will be nice tomorrow.  6z NAM has over a foot through tomorrow afternoon here.  Already around 7 inches from this storm, but it's very localized.  Wildcat was ok today, 3-5 of mashed potatoes with a tenth of ice on top.  Towards the afternoon it softened up but we left a bit early.  Last night's sleet storm in the valley north of mt washington was insane.  

Great day at Gore. 4-5” of soft snow. Some natural snow trails were open and skied well. Even skied a few nice glades. Blues had silky packed powder. Blacks were nice in the morning, then the ugly ice underneath started to appear by afternoon. Great day but as you all have said, need a big dump!!!

7 hours ago, Albert A Clipper said:

Ha they try to drive up here all the time.  Last year we had someone under the influence try to go up and get stuck axle deep next to the Mountain Ops building. 

I saw two cars stuck on New Years morning trying to go up the Cat Road here.   One made it all the way to the bridge before starting the climb to Spruce.

9 hours ago, Albert A Clipper said:

As is often the case the BLT was busier than the ski area. Magic is the only bar I know with a ski area!  

This guy enjoyed the BLT a little too much!