Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
The 2019-2020 Ski Season Thread

Skivt2

1 minute ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Today cannot be good for early season snow making. Anything made already is getting rocked. About as good of a melt scenario as you can get!

Yeah this is wipeout city. But luckily the pattern looks pretty good for snow making coming up. They'll be blowing a ton of snow in the next two weeks. 

• Like 1

Yeah, Killington pounded all night. Still going strong. Noticed a bit of an inversion at MWN, but probably not enough to curtail operations. With the low dew's I wouldn't be surprised if Killington (and Sunday River too) blow snow all day/night. Good snowmaking weather continues into next week. Expect some resorts to open. I think Killington maybe as early as tomorrow.

1 hour ago, MarkO said:

Yeah, Killington pounded all night. Still going strong. Noticed a bit of an inversion at MWN, but probably not enough to curtail operations. With the low dew's I wouldn't be surprised if Killington (and Sunday River too) blow snow all day/night. Good snowmaking weather continues into next week. Expect some resorts to open. I think Killington maybe as early as tomorrow.

They're gonna be able to build a huge base the next two weeks. Should be some really cold nights where they can become very efficient versus the more marginal nights. Good news for the World Cup there. Hopefully no 12-18 hour tropical cutters 2nd half of month. That's really the only thing that can ruin it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bwt3650 said:

Anyone know where Killington usually goes after Rime and Reason?  Thinking of heading out next week and it looks like they will be blowing 24/7 with the upcoming temps.  Just want to see if I'm looking at only those two or they have moved quickly to get terrain open in the past.

With the cold weather later this week, they will try to open Great Northern, Middle Chute and Lower Mouse Run. Probably also Upper Downdraft and Ridge Run. Maybe Upper Bunny Buster , Upper Mouse Run and Chute TTB.

With the World Cup and Snowmaking demand for Superstar, they might not expand in this fashion this week. Last year Mount Snow was TTB way before Killington.

30 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

With the cold weather later this week, they will try to open Great Northern, Middle Chute and Lower Mouse Run. Probably also Upper Downdraft and Ridge Run. Maybe Upper Bunny Buster , Upper Mouse Run and Chute TTB.

With the World Cup and Snowmaking demand for Superstar, they might not expand in this fashion this week. Last year Mount Snow was TTB way before Killington.

Anecdotal but quite a bit of white visible on Killington this afternoon as we drove south on 89. Looks like they've been blowing full force. 

11 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Anecdotal but quite a bit of white visible on Killington this afternoon as we drove south on 89. Looks like they've been blowing full force. 

Snowmaking today on Upper East Fall And Upper Superstar per pictures on Killington Zone and webcams, but not TTB yet.

It wouldn't surprise me if Killington only goes after Superstar this week. They'll get fined if snow depths aren't sufficient for the event.