Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2019 Obs

yotaman

3 hours ago, frazdaddy said:

Pretty amazing thunderstorm over me for the last 45. Lots of cloud to ground. Weather geeks dream.

I’ve been under this ever-growing cell in northern Guilford for the past hour or so.  Continuous rumbles of thunder and hard rain.  I want to go to bed, but my German Shepherd is an outdoor dog and he sleeps on the screened-in back porch at night and he’s not really a fan of loud thunder.  He’s not terribly scared of it.  He just likes company during thunderstorms.

7 hours ago, magpiemaniac said:

I’ve been under this ever-growing cell in northern Guilford for the past hour or so.  Continuous rumbles of thunder and hard rain.  I want to go to bed, but my German Shepherd is an outdoor dog and he sleeps on the screened-in back porch at night and he’s not really a fan of loud thunder.  He’s not terribly scared of it.  He just likes company during thunderstorms.

My wife had a boxer clinging to each leg and one on her lap. Lost a tree but put 8 inches of water in the pond. Score!

Very frustrating day for me rain wise.  A very nice cell blew up in Wilson.  Poured at work for a while.  Looking on the radar you could see a little refuge of light rain/drizzle amongst all that red and it was right over my house!!.  Only picked picked up 0.06".  Grumble grumble.

On 8/18/2019 at 5:44 PM, NRVwxfan. said:

Thunderstorm with heavy rain in Christiansburg. Still only one 90 degree day so far in 2019. Such a far cry from the hell that is Columbia SC 

CAE with 75 days over 90 so far. Not too bad actually, I think they had like 120 days one year recently. 30 days of 95+ (but 13 more at 94), and just 7 of 100+. All in all not too bad for them, but still a ways to go. 

Edit: Quick check, looks like 2016 they had 109 days of 90+, with 21 days of 100+. 111 days of 90+ in 2018.

GSP at 51 of 90+, with 8 at 95+, an overall high of 97. (2019)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

CAE with 75 days over 90 so far. Not too bad actually, I think they had like 120 days one year recently. 30 days of 95+ (but 13 more at 94), and just 7 of 100+. All in all not too bad for them, but still a ways to go. 

Edit: Quick check, looks like 2016 they had 109 days of 90+, with 21 days of 100+. 111 days of 90+ in 2018.

GSP at 51 of 90+, with 8 at 95+, an overall high of 97. (2019)

Wow. Only 75? They are running a bit behind. Of course, they can hit 90 into October. Yea, 2016 was a miserable hot summer and 2018 seemed like it would never end. Hurricane Michael finally ended that summer. Do you happen to have this years stats for Augusta Bush Field (KAGS)? Here in the NRV,  today may be the last time this year we get close to 90. Highs will be in the 70s by week's end.