• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2019 Obs

yotaman

Well, the "wet" period continued overnight. Received and additional 0.22" on top of the 0.16" from the storms earlier in the day for a daily total of 0.38." Really surprised storms were able to keep going overnight, with some strong ones in the Apex area. Seemed the convection earlier in the day had stabilized the atmosphere. Did not feel like it would rain again. I guess the earlier arrival of the first round allowed the full sunshine to generate enough instability that whatever feature that moved through was able to generate, maintain, and even strengthen convection across parts of central NC. Don't see that too often in these patterns overnight in this area. Some areas, my office in Garner included, seem to have really been dumped on overnight. Standing water everywhere

39 minutes ago, Solak said:

For all you Charlotte temperature fans... :whistle::P

Today was a scorcher our 16th high of 95° or higher this year, We only did that 9 times last year.

Saw on the FB today that New Bern has already doubled it's normal number of 90+ high temps for the year and it is not even mid August yet.

16 hours ago, yotaman said:

Had a severe thunderstorm warning today and managed to pick up .60" from it. No wind or hail but lots of close lightning strikes. This gives us 2.40" for the week. Every thing is greening up.

Some impressive hail videos from new bern area yesterday.

Well looks like the forecast has backed off the mid to upper 90s it was showing for the upstate the next couple days, which is fine by me. So far the highest GSP  has seen over the past week is 94 and that's the only day I hit 90 IMBY. At 2pm GSP is at 87, I'm at 84.5. Really not terrible for a mid August heat wave. 

27 minutes ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Well looks like the forecast has backed off the mid to upper 90s it was showing for the upstate the next couple days, which is fine by me. So far the highest GSP  has seen over the past week is 94 and that's the only day I hit 90 IMBY. At 2pm GSP is at 87, I'm at 84.5. Really not terrible for a mid August heat wave. 

We are also at that point in time when the late afternoon heat isn't quite as intense.  As long as you stay in the office during the mid-day hours you can still mow the lawn after supper without frying.  Mid-day 90s quickly drop to low 80's and upper 70's which ain't bad.  Another 3-4 weeks and those 7am bus stops will be far more enjoyable.  Hang on friends, those 90 day winter outlooks will be coming into range very soon!