Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Discobs 2019

George BM

11 hours ago, JakkelWx said:

30-50 rain drops in the yard.

Went out with the dog this AM and got hit with a few "dew" drops from the deck umbrella. :-) 

But yeah its dry.  But on the flip side,  seems the lessening rainfall has slowed down my grass fungus.

45 minutes ago, nj2va said:

I thought it was just me baffled by the complaining about some dry weather (finally).  

If your yard has been persistently missed over the past month- and we are talking July- it doesn't much matter that the region has had consistent rain for much of the previous 6 or 8 months, lawns are going to burn and plants are going to be stressed. Me personally-  I don't care too much because my lawn always goes to hell, so I just water the plants and enjoy being outside with no mosquitoes. I will rake out the thatch and start reseeding in a few weeks.

26 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

If your yard has been persistently missed over the past month- and we are talking July- it doesn't much matter that the region has had consistent rain for much of the previous 6 or 8 months, lawns are going to burn and plants are going to be stressed. Me personally-  I don't care too much because my lawn always goes to hell, so I just water the plants and enjoy being outside with no mosquitoes. I will rake out the thatch and start reseeding in a few weeks.

I'm more looking at it from the standpoint of being sick of all the cloudy/rainy days we've endured over the past year vs the impact on the lawn.  And also we live in a townhome with a patio in Arlington so no lawn that I need to maintain -- just some flowers/bushes/etc to water :).  

At least the dryness is saving you from mosquito hell!

• Like 1

On 7/24/2019 at 12:11 PM, yoda said:

Figured this would get more traffic and be seen more in this thread... but LWX is holding an online webinar basic skywarn class to be a spotter on August 13th from 6pm to 8pm for ALL LWX Sterling counties

https://www.weather.gov/lwx/skywarn

skywarnonlineclass.thumb.png.855534ee8dfda43fe60863e7769c6e05.png

Hurry and get your spot if you have ever wanted to be a spotter for LWX and never got the time to go to one of the classes... or if you wish to refresh your knowledge (LWX says you should take a refresher course every 3-4 years if you already are a spotter for them).  I just registered since I last took the class in 2016... there were something like 35 spots left, so get your spot now!  It's also nice that LWX was able to do this so that you don't have to travel anywhere... you can take the class from your own computer at home and then become a spotter :) 

From the eventbrite link provided in the image:

BUMP... sign up if you haven't yet... don't know how many spots are left though

7 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Watched the storm safely from my house in New Hampshire.  Looking at the Inner Harbor earthcam it sure looked like large hail was hitting the water.  Then the heavy rain came in and the vis dropped to about 1000 feet.  Wonder if there will be hail reports in the city?

My dad lives in Fells Point, was on the phone with him when it was hailing there. Street is flooded from Fleet St down to the harborfront

That pop up storm over Baltimore resulted in some shingles being blown off a neighboring building to mine downtown and two of the office windows on my 20th floor blew in. One of them the guy was still there - luckily it was the pane to his side and not the one he was sitting in at his desk...

i put a pic on my twitter feed for those who follow it. I still after all these years don’t know how to put pics in here. Because I kinda am terrible at this...

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic