• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kgottwald
    Newest Member
    kgottwald

August Discobs 2019

4 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

Low of 57 this morning. Probably the coldest since June here.

58 here. Coolest morning of the last 3.

Will be a distant memory shortly.

17 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I was you for most of July. Rain shield was placed squarely over my yard. Been doing better lately, but the damage was done. 2-3 weeks with little to no rain in July torches everything.

I hear ya.

We've had essentially no rain since the second-to-last weekend of July (so around the 22nd or so), which was when we were slated to get at least a couple inches of rain over the weekend and into the beginning of the following week. I think we had 0.20" from that whole event, which puts us at nearly three weeks since our last measurable rain. Added to that, we were definitely drier than normal in early July, as well, so it's been pretty rough going.

I hate complaining about this stuff, but it's getting super frustrating.

Just now, mattie g said:

I hear ya.

We've had essentially no rain since the second-to-last weekend of July (so around the 22nd or so), which was when we were slated to get at least a couple inches of rain over the weekend and into the beginning of the following week. I think we had 0.20" from that whole event, which puts us at nearly three weeks since our last measurable rain. Added to that, we were definitely drier than normal in early July, as well, so it's been pretty rough going.

I hate complaining about this stuff, but it's getting super frustrating.

It does get frustrating. I really enjoyed making posts complaining about failing to get rain in every possible way. Yoda seemed to like them. :lol:

Have at it!

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

1.79" since the deluge on 7/8.  50% of climo rainfall during the hottest part of the year is going to fry stuff no matter what happened before that.

No doubt.

The hydrangeas that get more sun than others would be dead or nearly so if I hadn't watered them intermittently (and somewhat heavily) in the last couple weeks.

For anyone who registered for the online SKYWARN Class for tomorrow, Tuesday, August 13th -- it has been rescheduled to Wednesday, August 14th... thanks to @Kmlwx for the heads up

2 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

It does get frustrating. I really enjoyed making posts complaining about failing to get rain in every possible way. Yoda seemed to like them. :lol:

Have at it!

It's because you are a bitter man. :whistle:

My call for tomorrow:

- Central and Northern Maryland and up through central PA get raked

- Richmond to just south of Fredericksburg and a bit to their west get raked

- Burke gets enough thunder to close the pool, an outflow boundary comes through and sets off storms just to the west, then they train up through very northern Fairfax, Loudoun, and Montgomery Counties. I get left with a couple drops of spittle that leave pocky dust marks on the cars.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mattie g said:

If it's only going to knock the dust down, then yeah...I'll be angry. We need *real* rain, yoda.

Its a light to maybe moderate rain for right now to be honest here, but its been raining for the past 15-20 minutes

ETA: Def moderate rain right now here

24 minutes ago, yoda said:

Its a light to maybe moderate rain for right now to be honest here, but its been raining for the past 15-20 minutes

ETA: Def moderate rain right now here

That's good to hear. Need moar.

22 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Something to water my lawn please

Definitely need something to get deep down into the soil.

44 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Something to water my lawn please

0.1”. Score. <_<

Wondering if the sun will make an appearance after this light rain moves through the Baltimore area. 

I'm glad we have cloud cover. Before, when it wasn't raining, the sun has been intense. At least if it won't rain, the clouds give us a break from the sun burning everything to a crisp. Rain is just icing on the cake.

20 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Not a single drop.

I had maybe..12?

Cloudy with high dews and no trigger for storms.

BUST, and gross.

• Like 1