Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Discobs 2019

George BM

Just now, JakkelWx said:

So I chose to drive and it's awesome. Tons of lightning and heavy rain, with gusty winds. Finally seeing rain, but I'm heading home since I'm getting tired.

It looks like Millington really did get hit pretty hard lol. I called that ;) 

Winding down here now. Not nearly enough for the parched soil here, but better than the usual zilch. 0.35"

1 hour ago, Chris78 said:

One heck of a thunderstorm in Smithsburg around 6pm.( just east of hagerstown) Trees down everywhere. 

Pea size hail also

There was mention of a 59mph wind gust in Smithsburg in an earlier severe thunderstorm warning issued by the NWS in Sterling, VA.

9 hours ago, yoda said:

The same storm that hit Thurmont came through Smithsburg first and it did have some hellacious winds. Worst winds I have witnessed. Trees down everywhere in the development along with some houses  having damage to siding and roof shingles.

3 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I could see maybe 1” eventually if this choo-choo keeps it up. What’s nice that it’s cool and steady. Nice, soaking rain.

Radar suggests that we continue for a while with the band as more rain moves in from our west and southwest... few more hours would be nice of this

Decent rain shower here in Easton. Looking at radar, a bit of convection firing and moving over my yard after being dry all morning. Mesos generally have not done well with the persistent area of rain showers moving along the front. NAM especially weakened/dissipated it too quickly. Lets see where the next round blossoms- still looks to be mostly down towards eastern VA.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic