Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Discobs 2019

George BM

19 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

The line out in northern VA has lit up with warnings. I like the trend on radar. It would be cool to get a nice night time storm. Sounds like a jungle out there this evening. 

Pretty modest line overall. It will likely weaken further as it moves SE tonight- there is another perturbation behind it that will tend to cause weakening, and will fire off new convection into tomorrow further south and east. There will be a general dead zone in between those getting some decent storms now, and areas in eastern VA that will get it tomorrow. At least that is how the models have it playing out. Hope they are wrong, but I doubt it.

15 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Looks like almost every yard in central Md just north of DC s lat on north sees a drink of water .

So glad I’m an idiot

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I want to hear all about Cage the Elephant!!!

Also, I can already see that the outflow front is going to screw me from rain and this is going to be a dry front.

• Haha 3

Looks like almost every yard in central Md just north of DC s lat on north sees a drink of water .

Except me. What a spectacular miss. This has got to the most spectacular miss ever.

That’s like the tenth time a storm avoided my yard like a running back juking a safety for the goal. Congrats to all the winners today.

36 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

Barely even in the direct path of those storms here. Nice lightning show though. If I don't get woken up it's a bust.

Head up to Millington if you want to see some rain from this line. Or wait until tomorrow and take a drive down to OC or VA beach. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic