Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Discobs 2019

George BM

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

A light shower dropped.04"  overnight. 

Currently 67/66. Headed to Federal hill in Baltimore to rewire an old row home.  Point and click says 96 for Inner Harbor today ...it'll be toasty 

I fell asleep with showers and lightening marching towards my doorstep. Literally raining in Silver Spring. I wake up with 0.0 in my rain gauge. What cruel world is this? :weep:

• Like 1

Just got back from camping and went to pick the dogs up from the kennel. Just 3-4 miles north of my home got hammered with winds yesterday evening. Big limbs down everywhere and the one country road I took I was lucky to get through as the were multiple huge limbs down across the road where I had to drive on the shoulder to get around.

Ended up with 0.98" of rain from the storm last evening.  Three large trees came down on my property, two across the street and another two doors down.  A trampoline that was anchored into the ground with a heavy 6' stake lifted off (bending the stake) and flew about 50' before bouncing off the hood of our truck and then wedging under a tree, keeping it from smashing into the side of the house.

trampolined.jpg.88925b03a79c11695c417a67ed793361.jpg

280859578_damage1.jpg.36ccf868a7524db62f4ce11f008a12f5.jpg

97567768_damage2.jpg.5f698da11d15b049e596c232b278f69d.jpg

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

Ended up with 0.98" of rain from the storm last evening.  Three large trees came down on my property, two across the street and another two doors down.  A trampoline that was anchored into the ground with a heavy 6' stake lifted off (bending the stake) and flew about 50' before bouncing off the hood of our truck and then wedging under a tree, keeping it from smashing into the side of the house.

trampolined.jpg.88925b03a79c11695c417a67ed793361.jpg

280859578_damage1.jpg.36ccf868a7524db62f4ce11f008a12f5.jpg

97567768_damage2.jpg.5f698da11d15b049e596c232b278f69d.jpg

UGH! Stuff can be fixed, but it is a bummer. Long as everyone is safe!!

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

Got 0.16” last night. It’s something I guess

Southern Howard County has really missed out on a LOT in recent weeks.   I have lots of leaves down in my yard from stressed trees.

Not that I have too much confidence in the guidance in such a weakly-forced pattern, but the CAMs today have most of the storms affecting DC and points south.

@C.A.P.E. - Check out that anvil to the east. One moment it wasn't there and one blink later it's exploded. 

Currently eating in Dover, because there's hardly a single restaurant other than Pizza Empire down the corner out in dis countryside. Heard faint thunder twice so far, other than that KC-10 that keeps flying around. 

8 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

@C.A.P.E. - Check out that anvil to the east. One moment it wasn't there and one blink later it's exploded. 

Currently eating in Dover, because there's hardly a single restaurant other than Pizza Empire down the corner out in dis countryside. Heard faint thunder twice so far, other than that KC-10 that keeps flying around. 

I am in Easton currently, but funny you mention that- I was just looking at the line of towers to the E and SE. Pretty impressive looking, but not much happening at the surface(yet) looking at radar.

eta- I needed to update my loop. its cranking pretty good between Dover and Lewes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I am in Easton currently, but funny you mention that- I was just looking at the line of towers to the E and SE. Pretty impressive looking, but not much happening at the surface(yet) looking at radar.

eta- I needed to update my loop. its cranking pretty good between Dover and Lewes.

I was just looking at from 7 miles west of Annapolis. Pretty amazing how far away it's visible. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

I was just looking at from 7 miles west of Annapolis. Pretty amazing how far away it's visible. 

I'm in Elkridge but have a great view close to my house looking east/southeast and have seen the storm clouds from storms sitting over the Salisbury area before.

30 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

16 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

A bit obscured by trees, but here is the view of it a couple miles west of Easton-

cloud.thumb.jpg.5798049a969a5633500f4d2cad91f143.jpg

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic