Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Discobs 2019

George BM

3 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

Imo, that storm should be warned asap. Still. Heavy rain and very electric storm here and it only appears to be strengthening.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

It's riding an outflow boundary probably won't last another 30 min, but yea I can see the lightning from New Windsor.

It's riding an outflow boundary probably won't last another 30 min, but yea I can see the lightning from New Windsor.

Idk...outflow is approaching leesburg. Regardless of duration...it’s certainly producing svr conditions in eastern Washington co/west Frederick co.

Interesting read from the late afternoon AFD from Mount Holly for the Tuesday potential..

On Tuesday, a dying surface boundary will be stalled over the region, with a shortwave trough approaching. This will yield a good opportunity for convection. The setup for Tuesday is concerning from a hydro perspective. Pattern bears strong resemblance to the Maddox "Type 2/Frontal Event" pattern which is one of three patterns well known to favor flash flooding in our region. One or more slow moving and potentially backbuilding rounds of convection may develop in the vicinity of this boundary on Tuesday, with activity likely continuing deep into the night (another hallmark of the Maddox pattern just mentioned). With PWATs rising near to above 2", it`s hard to see there not being issues with flash flooding. Am not confident on which areas will have the best chance for activity, though if anything would probably favor the western half of the region at least during the daytime hours. With time, convective coverage may become fairly widespread. Cannot discount the severe risk Tuesday either. Weak shear should help limit the organization of storms. However, strong instability is likely to build, which should yield tall, slow moving storms with a threat for downbursts/wet microbursts and possibly some threat for hail in the tallest storms. Hot weather will continue on Tuesday as the weak frontal boundary does not have any sort of notable cooling behind it.

• Like 1

Just another scorcher in my south central Texas neighborhood, its definitely a neighborly day for a scorcher lol.

We topped out at 102 again today. Dew is generally 71. The sun is pure unadulterated MURDER!

Forecast is all about something called persistence down here, pretty much wall to wall sunshine and hot right into next month lol. Probably right THROUGH next month, LOL.

In other news, persistence forecasting calls for a truly frigid, snowy winter up in Washington DC!

2 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I know. I had the perfect gif that apparently refuses to load lol. 

This is really quiet for the tropics now. We might go through all of August without a named storm. Hard to believe Barry has been the only game in town so far. Great for coastal areas but I fear the shoe will drop at some point. Long range guidance really relaxes shear through the peak. 

Be VERY, VERY careful what you wish for.

This could turn right into a downright EXPLOSIVE tropical season, and the I 95 Corridor is right in the Crosshairs, NOT the Gulf Coast this season.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic