Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Discobs 2019

George BM

27 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Hope your not tenting it :yikes:

Actually even with loss of daytime heating the storms look pretty stout still. Good luck

Trailer so we should be good. Rain moved in about 10 minutes ago and its been pouring since. Nonstop lightning and the power shut off about 5 minutes ago. Not much wind to speak of though. And as I am typing this the rain is increasing in intensity. Probably one of the better storms I have seen this summer.

Eta: looking at radar and the core of the storm missed us 3-4 miles to the north. Can only imagine what kind of rain they had considering what we are seeing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Car alarm woke me up and when I checked in on the Euro it was pretty interesting. Take a look @losetoa6 & @showmethesnow. I’m calling shenanigans on this run but it’d be fun to get some action along the Bay in a few days. GFS wasn’t too far behind it.

What kind of action?

48 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

What kind of action?

Euro has a pretty potent vort max that runs up from the south. Stays over land, though it does run the coast down around Georgia and south carolina. Get that over the water at least down there and we might have a little something especially for the coastal areas of our region. Gfs has some potent energy as well but it is more strung out and disorganized. Gfs also has a follow up vort max after the first. Not overly excited at this point but at least it is something to follow. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Sounds like u had a busy night . What did the misses say when you were glued to the RV window all evening :whistle:

Had a ton of rain here but the main event was a couple of miles north where the core of the storm went through. Here at the trailer we stayed on the northern edge of the inflow/updraft so there was minimal wind to speak of. But just north (mount holly) they got hammered. Trees down everywhere, streets closed, even had a couple of staging areas for the electric company one of which had 20+ trucks sitting there as we drove by. Storm with the wind and non stop lighting were the topic of conversation between the clerks and customers in the beer store I stopped at. Kind of glad the wind missed us considering our trailer is in the forest. Last thing we need is a tree coming down on our heads. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

87/77. I can't wait until I'm nowcasting snow bands on the NEXRAD site this winter. Ehh, I'll probably get nothing.

Edit: Speaking of snow, I just got a flashback of the 2016 blizzard dry slot and it's not pretty

Ugh. I remember that. I was running around in a panic while it looked like the sun wanted to break out. I got another 7" once the band moved back in during the afternoon. It got nice and dark as the snow really came in heavy.

Super nasty this morning. I hope to get an afternoon thunderstorm but I'm not counting on it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I went to sleep during that dry slot. Thankfully, the end was the best part. 

The dry slot was  the end here. Maybe a half inch of additional accumulation after about noon. In retrospect, I really dislike that storm (as much as you can hate on an underperforming 15" event), and that entire torch of a winter sucked.

Easing into bitter mode.

4 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

The dry slot was  the end here. Maybe a half inch of additional accumulation after about noon. In retrospect, I really dislike that storm (as much as you can hate on an underperforming 15" event), and that entire torch of a winter sucked.

Easing into bitter mode.

Yea that storm was a bust really east of I-95.  Really was a shame that it melted off so damn fast.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Yea that storm was a bust really east of I-95.  Really was a shame that it melted off so damn fast.

There was one cold day after it fell before temps shot up into the 50s and 60s and the snow went to granular slop. Could hardly get out to enjoy it. The best part of that winter was tracking the event for week.

3 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

There was one cold day after it fell before temps shot up into the 50s and 60s and the snow went to granular slop. Could hardly get out to enjoy it. The best part of that winter was tracking the event for week.

Goes to show you how dead this summer has been that we're talking about a snow event from almost 3 years ago in August...lol

Yes the lead up to the event was good.  That was the last time a blizzard watch will ever be issued from LWX since the product was discontinued.  If you were in the usual snow favored spots of our area it was a solid event, especially up towards Frederick and Washington counties.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic