• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Discobs 2019

George BM

I got off the MARC train at the Germantown station just after 6:00 to a heavy, wind-blown downpour that soaked me from the waist down, despite an umbrella.  I get home to the Milestone Microdesert to blazing sun and dry, dusty ground.  This place is just unbelievable how it does this over and over.  And now of course there's rain heading into Frederick missing to the north.  I don't know if it's Sugarloaf blocking stuff or what but this is an absolute weather ****hole.

image.png.5ca0a81ea8806588abea24a9e296a834.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Impressive CB heads to our south coming home from Belair MD yesterday, ~ 1730.
Not a drop at our house but wow that flooding along Fleet and Boston streets!

I've been under a storm like that before.  If you're in the bullseye you get all the goods (except TVS but no one wants to be UNDER that LOL). And when they keep up and barely move for over an hour, it will overwhelm all of the drains.  Fortunately it does recede fast but if your home/business gets inundated, cleanup is never fun.  (or cheap!)

If we can manage to warm enough ahead of this activity today there could be some significant wind reports.  This is a pretty nice system passing through and even HM is interested in it.  The current warned storm just west of Harrisonburg would probably be the biggie of the day.  It's already dropping a lot of CG and it's not even 9am.

Just now, yoda said:

1630 SPC OTLK kept 15 wind.. but upgraded hail from 5 to 15

Yea it makes sense.  I'm not arguing we're going to have some big squall line come through, but there's probably a case to be made to a 60 ot 65kt blue box later today owing to some beefy multi-cell clusters.

3 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Yea it makes sense.  I'm not arguing we're going to have some big squall line come through, but there's probably a case to be made to a 60 ot 65kt blue box later today owing to some beefy multi-cell clusters.

Hard to get excited after being literally burned by cloudless skies on days like these. But I'll remain hopefully optimistic. :-)

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic