Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Discobs 2019

George BM

25 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Got almost nothing as nice looking cells missed in every direction.  Look at this shot!  This happens waaaaay too much to be just coincidence.  There is something really strange about this spot.  I've had ONE thunderstorm this whole summer.

image.png.daeaee92722dfea251ab45273c5c3714.png

Current radar on radarscope shows it pouring just north of Germantown right now

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

Wild day at OC today.  Saw a small waterspout (photo below), then chaos ensued at the beach when the leading edge of the storm came through (video below)imageproxy.php?img=&key=20fe2b78d4e66dff

568053141_OCWaterspout(8-4-19).thumb.JPG.fc43ae05d3d0517c7662f67538347ee3.JPG

I'm in OC this week and was there for the chaos on the beach...I saw some lowering clouds looking like a funnel too...the winds were swirling and saw 2 tents flying at each other from different directions, which made me stop and think about it... awesome storm

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Been a while since I've seen it this bad in my area. It's just a small localized area around where I live. All around me there has been plenty of rain. Trees are dieing in my yard. 

What's interesting is that things were nice and wet up until just a few weeks ago. At that point, rain became much more localized, and MBY has missed out on almost everything since. And given that it's happened during the hottest time of the year, things have crisped up really quickly. Lots of brown yards all over Burke, and the leaf drop is pretty impressive. I guess the trees got a little soft after an easy stretch with so much rain. :lol:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mattie g said:

What's interesting is that things were nice and wet up until just a few weeks ago. At that point, rain became much more localized, and MBY has missed out on almost everything since. And given that it's happened during the hottest time of the year, things have crisped up really quickly. Lots of brown yards all over Burke, and the leaf drop is pretty impressive. I guess the trees got a little soft after an easy stretch with so much rain. :lol:

That's an interesting point. I've been racking my brain trying to figure the trees out. This leaf drop is as bad as I've ever seen it. Maybe it does have something to do with going from relatively cool with plenty of rain to hell heat and 0 rain has them extra stressed. It looks like it hadn't rain in months. It's made for really sweet cherry tomatoes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dailylurker said:

That's an interesting point. I've been racking my brain trying to figure the trees out. This leaf drop is as bad as I've ever seen it. Maybe it does have something to do with going from relatively cool with plenty of rain to hell heat and 0 rain has them extra stressed. It looks like it hadn't rain in months. It's made for really sweet cherry tomatoes.

The dry conditions help to make hot peppers hotter, too.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic