• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2019 General Discussions & Observations Thread

bluewave

Next 8 days averaging 73degs., or just +0.5deg.

Month to date is  +1.6[77.3].          Should be +1.3[76.2] by the 31st.

71.6* here at 6am and overcast.

Front passed me last evening at 8:40pm as T went down 11 degrees in 30mins., with 25mph Gusts and little thunder---84*>>>73*.

The strongest part of those storms missed just to my north last night. Nice downpour with some wind gusts into the 30’s. Pattern change to less warmth and humidity right on track. This should last into the first week of September with 2 big Canadian highs rolling across SE Canada and New England. 

7C6FFA73-C92F-4934-AB71-6D9657CB2D5C.thumb.png.9b8beaa9e600494f4f85041c3c4c6490.png

1DDFA1C7-DE7A-4EEF-9F57-78D7BCF4BC53.thumb.png.3718281324f400428ecb261eecc2ac17.png

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The strongest part of those storms missed just to my north last night. Nice downpour with some wind gusts into the 30’s. Pattern change to less warmth and humidity right on track. This should last into the first week of September with 2 big Canadian highs rolling across SE Canada and New England. 

It'll finally be bearable to spend the weekend outside. 

First sign that autumn draws closer. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

It'll finally be bearable to spend the weekend outside. 

First sign that autumn draws closer. 

What a difference a year makes. Complete opposite of the major heatwave from late last August into early September. The big heat this summer was focused into July with high humidity lasting well into August. 

Data for NEWARK LIBERTY INTL AP, NJ
Click column heading to sort ascending, click again to sort descending.
Date
Max Temperature 
Snow Depth 
2018-08-27 92 0
2018-08-28 96 0
2018-08-29 96 0
2018-08-30 92 0
2018-08-31 79 0
2018-09-01 78 0
2018-09-02 82 0
2018-09-03 95 0
2018-09-04 95 0
2018-09-05 91 0
2018-09-06 98 0
2018-09-07 79 0

8 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

I thought today was supposed to be rain free? I guess my plans to PT Pleasant will be cancelled. 

You can't catch a break with this rainy weather. Sorry to hear your trip to Wildwood was ruined. I'll be heading down there the day after Labor Day for a few days. Hopefully the weather will hold up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NutleyBlizzard said:

You can't catch a break with this rainy weather. Sorry to hear your trip to Wildwood was ruined. I'll be heading down there the day after Labor Day for a few days. Hopefully the weather will hold up.

My gf and I still did plenty of stuff down there but I wish the weather was nice. 

It's her last week before she has to set up for the school year. 

18 hours ago, gravitylover said:

To even get marginal success in the garden this year has meant an awful lot of time spent. Even with the attention the yields have been anything but good.

I saw you mentioned the guy in CT in another post. Putnam County where I live has had the cyano issue for a while now and a few other wonderful things too. In 2018 we had 46% of all lake beach closures in NY State. This year has been a little bit better but not much. One of the big reservoirs has turned this putrid color over the last year or so, stayed that way even through the winter. I don't trust any open fresh water around here anymore.

Yay it's raining! I'm up to .1" :rolleyes: The heavy stuff slid just south of me, missed by maybe 2 miles. 

I've heard that pets are dying from drinking pond water or even just swimming in it.  :(  PS the tap water here isn't healthy to drink anymore.  I made the mistake of doing that earlier in the summer and I was immediately suffering from horrible cramps.  Tried it again last week, same result.  The pain was so intense that I was bent over while running to the bathroom both times.

It happened to me last summer too.  Not going to drink tap water anymore during the summer.

3 hours ago, bluewave said:

Looks like the wind forcing open a garage door caused the back wall to blow out in Farmingdale. Good thing nobody was in those parked cars.

Chris how much wind is required to do this much damage?  Was it a microburst?  That 60 mph report doesn't seem to be enough- you didn't see stuff like this even in Sandy.  I estimate the wind must have been 100 mph.

And these are pics of my sister's house after the microburst I told you about.  How strong could the winds have been there to do this?

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail (1).jpg