Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
August 2019 General Discussions & Observations Thread

bluewave

3 hours ago, nzucker said:

I've had almost no rain in the Bronx this August. My neighbor's squash looks crisped.

To even get marginal success in the garden this year has meant an awful lot of time spent. Even with the attention the yields have been anything but good.

2 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

I'd rather have more heat and less humidity :(  The water here on Long Island is awful, we're seeing a lot of health problems from the rise in infections due to bacteria in the water.  We also have new species of ticks that have come here and carry infections.

What puzzles me is that although the humidity has been really high here, the summer has still been rather dry in SW Nassau.  Things are starting to turn yellow.  Why isn't all that humidity precipitating?

I saw you mentioned the guy in CT in another post. Putnam County where I live has had the cyano issue for a while now and a few other wonderful things too. In 2018 we had 46% of all lake beach closures in NY State. This year has been a little bit better but not much. One of the big reservoirs has turned this putrid color over the last year or so, stayed that way even through the winter. I don't trust any open fresh water around here anymore.

Yay it's raining! I'm up to .1" :rolleyes: The heavy stuff slid just south of me, missed by maybe 2 miles. 

• Like 1