Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2019 General Discussions & Observations Thread

bluewave

14 minutes ago, Cfa said:

I’m in Harlem and it just got super windy out of nowhere. Checked the radar and see I’m about to get annihilated, totally unexpected.

I was riding a bike, on a whim checked the radar and saw a bow of storms closing in on me. Booked it for 15 mins and beat it by 30 secs. Lots of lightning pouring rain wind now.

1 hour ago, 495weatherguy said:

we're seeing a lot of health problems from the rise in infections due to bacteria in the water. 

Liberty, can you elaborate on this?   Are you a physician?  What types of health problems are you referring to?  Pulmonary?

Auto-immune issues? 

The warm water has led some tropical cyanobacteria species to become established in the area. You should look up the stories about the dogs that have died because of it too (none around here yet that I am aware of, but we have seen some of these in the area. Also Vibrio vulnificus was seen in CT, which is usually only seen in warm, salt water. You can read about the case here: https://nypost.com/2019/08/08/connecticut-man-has-leg-amputated-after-contracting-flesh-eating-bacteria/

While my background in vector-borne diseases, I have a colleague studying these more tropical bacteria. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JustinRP37 said:

The warm water has led some tropical cyanobacteria species to become established in the area. You should look up the stories about the dogs that have died because of it too (none around here yet that I am aware of, but we have seen some of these in the area. Also Vibrio vulnificus was seen in CT, which is usually only seen in warm, salt water. You can read about the case here: https://nypost.com/2019/08/08/connecticut-man-has-leg-amputated-after-contracting-flesh-eating-bacteria/

While my background in vector-borne diseases, I have a colleague studying these more tropical bacteria. 

Thank you.   I appreciate it 

8 minutes ago, Cfa said:

I know, and I know it wasn’t anything tornadic, but I’ve never seen rain flying upwards at a 45+ degree angle.

Didn't mean for my comment to come off like that, just letting you know. :) Strong straight line winds and heavy rain can create some surreal moments!