Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2019 General Discussions & Observations Thread

bluewave

10 minutes ago, purduewx80 said:

Could see a couple storms over central/western LI next 2-3 hours before the seabreeze shifts farther inland. Nice convergence over the middle of the island now.

Yeah, these boundaries often produce with 75 degree or higher dewpoints.

CF2CEEA4-4143-4ACB-B539-4E56BFECF592.thumb.png.f0a4d1075238f65328166631221e9029.png

The Joker Went Wild, and He Couldn't Smile or get the T right!!!    On the WU   Sheepshead Bay is 45* and Marine Park is 92*.      I, on the other hand have 80* at 12:30pm.

Like a Hot Wet Mop in your face for the next 5 days.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SACRUS said:

Outside chance but not totally out of the realm of possibility (we should see less clouds than recent days)

Record highs

Mon 8/19;

EWR: 96 (2002)
LGA: 94 (2002)
NYC: 94 (2002) -- unliely
ISP: 91 (2002)
JFK: 90 (2009)

TTN: 95 (2002)
PHL: 94 (2002)

A few records will likely be broken. 

12z Euro delivers big on tropical moisture levels from Sunday through Thursday. Every day has max dewpoints at 75 degrees and above. Scattered convection each day except Monday which it has as the hottest. The cold front finally arrives on Friday drying things out for a time. Areas that get the most frequent convection will probably have some impressive rainfall totals and flooding through Thursday. 

29 minutes ago, NYCweatherNOW said:

People that like weather like this make me mad. You know they don’t enjoy it it’s just that they pretend to so people that are realistic about it gets them mad hence myself.

Nasty August humidity. Temperature of 81 with 72% humidity feels like 86. 

It honestly doesn't bother me. Just got back from a week in Florida. Yes you get sweaty, but honestly after a little bit you just forget about it. I know it is an unpopular point of view, but honestly it comes with the season. I love summer and winter. More people (besides on this board) hate the cold and snow. I love the snow and cold!