Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2019 General Discussions & Observations Thread

bluewave

17 minutes ago, Cfa said:

Hearing flights to JFK overhead, which isn’t normal. One flight to LGA was diverted to ISP.

That was the Frontier flight from DEN I was watching on Flightradar24 as it was diverting. Was wondering why it was diverting being all other LGA bound flights are landing with no problem. Surely the good people at NY Center could of squeezed that one in too

9 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

No, in Huntington. We had a heavy burst of rain for a few minutes but looked to be dying off as it went east. The LB area does look like it has a good soaking ongoing, maybe 1.5" so far. 

Probably about 0.3 here so far. Lots of CTC with rolling thunder and on and off downpours. Very run of the mill

2 hours ago, BombsAway1288 said:

That was the Frontier flight from DEN I was watching on Flightradar24 as it was diverting. Was wondering why it was diverting being all other LGA bound flights are landing with no problem. Surely the good people at NY Center could of squeezed that one in too

I know Frontier has flights in/out of ISP now, but I doubt that’s the reason. Very weird.

Next 8 days averaging 75degs., or just NORMAL.

Probably will be just AN for August by mid-month.   Temps. may drift higher after the 17th, or maybe they won't.    CFSv2 actually says August will be BN, while Japaneese model only sees AN or Normal throughout the NH for the next 3 months.

69.0* here, at 6am.   70.7* by 8am.  76.8* by Noon.

• Like 1

Yesterday was the 18th day this year with a 75 degree or higher dewpoint at JFK. First time ever with 4 consecutive years of 17 or more days. JFK also set a new daily rainfall record for 8-7 of an 1 inch.

https://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/plotting/auto/?_wait=no&q=161&network=NY_ASOS&zstation=JFK&var=max_dwpf&dir=aoa&thres=75&month=all&year=2019&dpi=100&_fmt=js

17D535F1-3C9A-4A44-8585-5B5872724675.thumb.jpeg.aa5d9b2118a0eae7932e843a9b3fe9b4.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bluewave said:

Yesterday was the 18th day this year with a 75 degree or higher dewpoint at JFK. First time ever with 4 consecutive years of 17 or more days. JFK also set a new daily rainfall record for 8-7 of an 1 inch.

https://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/plotting/auto/?_wait=no&q=161&network=NY_ASOS&zstation=JFK&var=max_dwpf&dir=aoa&thres=75&month=all&year=2019&dpi=100&_fmt=js

17D535F1-3C9A-4A44-8585-5B5872724675.thumb.jpeg.aa5d9b2118a0eae7932e843a9b3fe9b4.jpeg

Wow look at last year what an absolutely incredible weather anomaly for the dew point I knew it felt sweaty bad but had no idea it was that extreme.