Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2019 General Discussions & Observations Thread

bluewave

45 minutes ago, NycStormChaser said:

Keep your eyes to the sky tonight if you live in some of our dark northern suburbs. The Aurora Borealis may make an appearance. It's only forecasted to be a KP5 but it does surprise us sometimes. I will be photographing it from the Adirondacks if it makes an appearance 26175e7f1ba1b3f6879e4df6e46e0dd2.jpg

Was quite visible last night from atop Mt Washington Observatory according to their Twitter page this morning.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, SACRUS said:

ECM warmer than the GFS next week after the cooldown this weekend. May start to see models keying in on the next heat signal on/around 8/15. 

test8.gif

Larry Cosgrove didn't seem to big on any substantial or lengthy cool down in his weekend newsletter so it's not surprising to see the models starting to show a warmer look again.

2 hours ago, Rtd208 said:

Larry Cosgrove didn't seem to big on any substantial or lengthy cool down in his weekend newsletter so it's not surprising to see the models starting to show a warmer look again.

Yeah, i think the next surge of heat is delayed and not denied and we should heat up towards 8/15  with the WAR building in by 8/21 period.   As far as the weekend it wouldnt surprise me if things trended less cool and we are near normal.

12 minutes ago, SACRUS said:

Yeah, i think the next surge of heat is delayed and not denied and we should heat up towards 8/15  with the WAR building in by 8/21 period.   As far as the weekend it wouldnt surprise me if things trended less cool and we are near normal.

I'm not seeing anything remotely close to the heat we've seen in July though, looks like more typical mid August heat. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SACRUS said:

1 hour ago, SnoSki14 said:

I'm not seeing anything remotely close to the heat we've seen in July though, looks like more typical mid August heat. 

Gfs is showing that tonight delayed and minor heat.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, SnoSki14 said:

feels like the back of summer has been broken-last  2night were downright cool....sure it will heat up again, but wont be as bad as July

• Like 1

Dews up into the low 70s.  Not sure if any ensuing heat will match the Jul heat upper 90s/100 but models are building the WAR west and plenty of heat out west could hook with the WAR and spread east.  As of now safer bet low 90s on/around 8/14.  Slim shot Thu for 90 or better in the warmer spots pending on clouds.  

5 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

feels like the back of summer has been broken-last  2night were downright cool....sure it will heat up again, but wont be as bad as July

Interesting,  southern areas were quite humid last night made it down to 69 only with Dews climbing into the low 70s overnight.  

6 minutes ago, SACRUS said:

Interesting,  southern areas were quite humid last night made it down to 69 only with Dews climbing into the low 70s overnight.  

Dews here were still in the low 60's last evening and the low was 64.  Warm front on our doorstep right now so we'll rise quickly

Just now, psv88 said:

SNE is a different climate. And saying summers back in broken on August 6 is silly. We have a few days in the low 80s and now it’s fall lol come on. Late August we will bake 

never said that.   Just said the worst of summer heat is behind us.  Will it get hot again-sure

Just now, Brian5671 said:

marine influence there no matter which way the wind blows...the sound is in the upper 70's....hard to cool down with that...here the winds blow from the north and it's cool air off the mainland.

Warm water all around us certainly doesn’t help. Your latitude is important as well. Even CNJ has been toasty, so it’s not just the sound 

1 minute ago, psv88 said:

Warm water all around us certainly doesn’t help. Your latitude is important as well. Even CNJ has been toasty, so it’s not just the sound 

I was down in Philly where I grew up the last week, it's amazing how much warmer it is there than CT.   And it's only 150 miles south....