• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    UniversesBelowNormal
    Newest Member
    UniversesBelowNormal

August 2019 Discussion

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Listen to this. I got the aura during running one summer morning 2 years ago. It was light out and sun was up, so it had to have been June or July. I was several miles from so had no other choice but to keep going. The aura stopped after the 20-30 minutes and I never got the headache afterwards. The only time that has ever happened. Both my daughters have had one each so far, describing exactly what happens to me. But none for them in a long time. I know they are hereditary and I just pray I haven’t passed these onto them . 

I also have noticed over the years that I get many more in the fall and winter months than I do in the summer. I have attributed that to the stronger HP we get in winter

Low D3 in the winter maybe with low sun? I sometimes supplement it in the winter. 

1 hour ago, cut said:

I got the same - the aura and no headache. Very scary at the time. My doc called it an 'ocular migraine'.

I’d be ok if it was just the vision . But knowing what comes next is the worst. They say migraine sufferers are more susceptible to strokes

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Sounded more like an acid trip

Sounds like you're familiar with that..................:lol:

18 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Congrats NH Lakes region on arresting Patrick Chung ,coke.

Damn. Self inflicted too as his house alarm went off. lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

They have to many back there in the secondary anyways, Not that you want to lose him as he does a lot for them on D for that reason.

5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

They have to many back there in the secondary anyways, Not that you want to lose him as he does a lot for them on D for that reason.

Toot toot

17 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah that’s rough, haha.  Not even a traffic stop or something.

48 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’d be ok if it was just the vision . But knowing what comes next is the worst. They say migraine sufferers are more susceptible to strokes

The correlation is actually specified as being those who begin experiencing aura -type Migraines later in life... 

They were clear in the studies ( I think the last I read was over at National Library of Medicine) that there was no significant correlation between strokes and those who were life long suffers - to which that sounds like you fit into this category. 

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Pats are a mess. Always in the news for the wrong reasons...yet they are a dynasty. Unfortunately, that dynasty is fading. Cherish these last two seasons....fans. 

J-E-T-S.

Jets LB Copeland suspended 4 games by NFL for PED

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Pats are a mess. Always in the news for the wrong reasons...yet they are a dynasty. Unfortunately, that dynasty is fading. Cherish these last two seasons....fans. 

"Cherish these last two seasons"   ??   heh... kidding, right?   

Cherish the last 18 years...  

Also, ...meh... cocaine + NFL ... not sure that's as damnable as it is just exposed - 

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Low D3 in the winter maybe with low sun? I sometimes supplement it in the winter. 

" D 3"  ??

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

oh ..right okay

idk...whenever I see seasonal factors with ailments I immediately think it's something sun related...or lack thereof. We make a crap ton of vitamin D via the sun during the warm season, but levels can drop off pretty quickly once fall moves in.

https://www.neurologyadvisor.com/topics/migraine-and-headache/vitamin-d3-associated-with-reductions-in-migraine-days-among-migraineurs/

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Don’t forget Herndon too lol. But:

PED<<<<<asian weenie spanks, coke, murder

Who do you think comes back in the league first? Eric Mangeni or Colin Kaprenick?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

idk...whenever I see seasonal factors with ailments I immediately think it's something sun related...or lack thereof. We make a crap ton of vitamin D via the sun during the warm season, but levels can drop off pretty quickly once fall moves in.

https://www.neurologyadvisor.com/topics/migraine-and-headache/vitamin-d3-associated-with-reductions-in-migraine-days-among-migraineurs/

I don’t take anything . Only thing I ever take would be migraine med or an occasional Tylenol. 

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Sounded more like an acid trip

I had an econ professor who was a student in Berkeley in the late 60s. He would sometimes stop mid-sentence and start swaying at the lectern and ask us to bear with him because he was having a flashback. 

Just now, Hoth said:

I had an econ professor who was a student in Berkeley in the late 60s. He would sometimes stop mid-sentence and start swaying at the lectern and ask us to bear with him because he was having a flashback. 

Awesome

• Confused 1