• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    davisinstruments
    Newest Member
    davisinstruments

August 2019 Discussion

9 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

What are the odds Dr Dews makes it thru Winter onthis board?  Unless he has a lobotomy 

Will be fun when DIT flips. Tag team partners becoming enemies

21 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

What are the odds Dr Dews makes it thru Winter onthis board?  Unless he has a lobotomy 

He’s been banned before...and now has come back as a new persona.  Hopefully doesn’t make the same mistake but he’s entitled to his opinion/preferences as much as we all are on here.

No dews, no snow.  We've been through hugely -NAO winters that were largely mediocre, if not poor. A suppressed winter with bone dry cold shots, while the MA is crushed with systems, would be a lot worse than a bunch of cutters that rain on everyone.

8 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

everyone who is an original on this board loves snow.. Dr. Dew of course loves snow

I don't remember why he was banned the first time.. maybe when he posted on the OT forum.

What does original on this board mean?

14 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

pre-amwx.. .. maybe everyone is a strong word.. 90%? we should do a poll.

It was a watershed day when I stumbled upon Eastern. And a terrifying one when it announced it was shutting down. Thank God for this place. For real. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mreaves said:

We joke about it but I have seen some trees changing that seem to be more than just the usual stressed ones.  Nothing major and not widespread but I do notice it.

I second this....even down here there seems to be more than normal and not the "half dead" ones either. The healthy sugar maple at the edge of my property is no longer dark green, noticed it last week even.

36 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

I’ve been posting on these boards since 2007. Yikes!  Time flies!

Yup, 2003 or 2004 on WWBB I think is when I started.  Long time now.

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Gronk approved 69 for high. 

In for the win today. 74F here and pushing 80F at LEB. CAA from the NE seems to favor the coastal counties a bit more relative to average. My old stomping ground in Auburn, NH was 42F this morning. We would rad like crazy near Massabesic Lake when we'd decouple after NE flow.

38 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You were 9 or 10 . Crazy 

lol... freshman at UVM in ‘03.  Pretty sure I found the forum crowd during December 5-6, 2003 storm.  

Ahh memories of Dec 2003, 50” at BTV that month including 2 storms 18”+ and a 10-inch thundersnow paste job.  My first winter month up north I was like huh, so this is what it’s like in Burlington?  No, not so much.

35 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Another sub 70 day. Stowe comes to Weymouth. 

Crazy it was almost 80 today here.  We hit at least 78F off the 42F min.

The 4pm Ob at MVL was 78/44 for 30% RH... poster child observation for COC.  

With the dews this afternoon the temps should plummet this evening as soon as the sun drops.

What a day. 5265B375-4EEB-4C77-BA76-6D9A048F9E23.jpeg.db349c2837026bf101855c54fd4c7e34.jpeg

16 minutes ago, dendrite said:

In for the win today. 74F here and pushing 80F at LEB. CAA from the NE seems to favor the coastal counties a bit more relative to average. My old stomping ground in Auburn, NH was 42F this morning. We would rad like crazy near Massabesic Lake when we'd decouple after NE flow.

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Crazy it was almost 80 today here.  We hit at least 78F off the 42F min.

The 4pm Ob at MVL was 78/44 for 30% RH... poster child observation for COC.  

With the dews this afternoon the temps should plummet this evening as soon as the sun drops.

80 would be nice. We had family over and beach was out of question. Go figure. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

80 would be nice. We had family over and beach was out of question. Go figure. 

In and up

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Legit feel of Fall as dews lower than yesterday. Crazy.

Legit air mass when BOS has a 51F dew this afternoon despite east wind off the water and those SSTs.  Ocean isn’t bringing any humidity.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Legit air mass when BOS has a 51F dew this afternoon despite east wind off the water and those SSTs.  Ocean isn’t bringing any humidity.

Yep. Late August as the Wampanoag once knew. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yep. Late August as the Wampanoag once knew. 

So you’ve totally flipped to a cool September from WAN.. lol. With mounting evidence today that the tropics and ridging are going to play a big role over next 30 days. 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

So you’ve totally flipped to a cool September from WAN.. lol. With mounting evidence today that the tropics and ridging are going to play a big role over next 30 days. 

In the era of alternative facts, yes...that’s exactly what he meant by that post.