• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raifu
    Newest Member
    Raifu

August 2019 Discussion

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Actually we were/are suppose to be close to 85°F today, 83/70 right now, Going to cool down though after today.

Relief is coming.  

60s and 70s across the North Country this afternoon.  Should make it to the coastal plain for tomorrow.  

86B353A5-3CBE-442D-962C-8C1DBEEBEE73.thumb.png.70953b22b1f7f8a05546f26078c8d4b4.png

• Like 1

Just now, powderfreak said:

Relief is coming.  

60s and 70s across the North Country this afternoon.  Should make it to the coastal plain for tomorrow.  

86B353A5-3CBE-442D-962C-8C1DBEEBEE73.thumb.png.70953b22b1f7f8a05546f26078c8d4b4.png

Yes, That air mass will be arriving out of the NW overnight, Should feel fallish over the next 7 days.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Fall is depressing....Spring is bearable because you know the nice weather is coming....let's hope for 80s right through to Nov. 1 then high 60s to Veteran's day, then winter. 

How could you not like Fall? Leaves changing, crisp nights, warmish, low humidity days. "Nice" weather to me is winter, so Fall for me is a slow ramp up of excitement to winter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Fall is depressing....Spring is bearable because you know the nice weather is coming....let's hope for 80s right through to Nov. 1 then high 60s to Veteran's day, then winter. 

I don't know how you think fall is depressing but to each his own.  It's my second favorite after winter.  It's beautiful from the foliage to cooler weather that allows you get stuff done without sweating your a** off.  It's also warm enough that you can enjoy the beautiful scenery and do things outside without freezing your a** off.  I like having 4 distinct seasons that transition into one another.  Everything has a time that it comes into being, peaks and fades away.  For awhile it seems like it will last forever but everything has it's time and fades away.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

I don't know how you think fall is depressing but to each his own.  It's my second favorite after winter.  It's beautiful from the foliage to cooler weather that allows you get stuff done without sweating your a** off.  It's also warm enough that you can enjoy the beautiful scenery and do things outside without freezing your a** off.  I like having 4 distinct seasons that transition into one another.  Everything has a time that it comes into being, peaks and fades away.  For awhile it seems like it will last forever but everything has it's time and fades away.

Even ACATT cold November rain 

Warm October/November's are the best. Just give me 70's straight through those two months, maybe a 1869 or Noel redux to break up the monotony. Then it's only a very short time until days are getting longer.

• Like 2

Looking good for BDL/HFD. Will feel amazing in the hills around 945ft. May even need a hoodie in the evening.

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We have to get through a tough night but it’s coming:

download_obs-en-087-0_2019_08_22_22_00_5

?

10 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Looking good for BDL/HFD. Will feel amazing in the hills around 945ft. May even need a hoodie in the evening.

Where are the rains and mists and 40’s forecasts from yesterday lol

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Euro package was too aggressive with it for us. Prob cape to Scooty towards PvD should be misty Sunday but we in the clear. Good call.

22 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

No rainy cold wet weekend. Just dry and warm before reheat 

J0NMWQQ.jpg

Yup as your post says, looks refreshing this weekend.  

Hopefully you keep posting Ryan’s valley forecast all winter like you have this summer.

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There will be 40s around overnight in spots.. most likely HubbDave, East Slopes, Monadnocks, etc...the spots that do CAD well, not those that downslope on NE flow.

Regardless the GFS is still smoking the peace pipe.  18z run is coolest yet on Sunday night. 

But this is laughable...

60221B35-73F6-4D44-9479-0D8972B14BA0.thumb.png.220e2bf635555df68289a69ec2fad015.png

36 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Euro package was too aggressive with it for us. Prob cape to Scooty towards PvD should be misty Sunday but we in the clear. Good call.

Many of them bought it. Glad you and I did not.

The new gfs seems to somehow have a UHI component now lol. Take a look at surface temps. That almost looks too aggressive with UHI modeling. 

27 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

How many Tors did the NWS survey, you said was happening, find today?

26 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The new gfs seems to somehow have a UHI component now lol. Take a look at surface temps. That almost looks too aggressive with UHI modeling. 

Yeah ALB/HFD/BOS certainly stand out lol.

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

GFS surface temps should never even be considered year round 

I was never a fan of the FV3 cold and storm bias last winter so when it took over I cringed. We’ll see how many fantasy cyclones it can spin up shortly. 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Didn’t buy a rainy tomorrow either....it’s what the eps was selling a day or two ago apparently. 

Highly unusual synopsis evolving thru Sat... 

not often you barely close a 582 isohypses and that's enough to drill a chilly east wind to Albany... 

Also ... giant difference between comparatively tall heights and low thickness.  Don't typically see 25 DAM differentials between those two metrics.  And it's local just to S and C NE.  warmer in eastern Ontario.  A typology more akin to April seeing cold seclusion like that.  

East wind driving into 582 heights. Huh