• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kgottwald
    Newest Member
    kgottwald

August 2019 Discussion

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I just like to have fun. It gets so boring in here when someone posts a model and assumes that’s what will happen. What about thinking outside the box? Why does it have to be black and white? For example.. that map Will posted.. verbatim it’s 80/55 with a look like that . But with a little atmospheric shuffling .. which happens 10x out of 10 at this time range.. can’t you see how there’s a deep MW trough with warm, humid flow east coast? I like to look at other options and I’ll throw many of them out there . Part of it is that’s what I want. I’d prefer not to have boring dry weather. Part of it is thinking out of box, Part of it is generating discussion. Part of it absolutely is trolling. 

The only thing is it’s thinking outside the box in one direction.  You’d never see a warm look on the models in summer and think outside the box that it could verify cooler.  Always warmer in summer, then in winter it’s always cooler outside the box thinking.  

It does generate discussion which is what the forums are about.   

Will used to like me. Now he’s QB of hate team 

Nah, he’s a fan of your outside the box thinking esp in winter. As am I. Summer’s...notsomuch. Your boxes are always full of heat and moisture so we enjoy crumbling and tossing into the recycling bin.

35 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

No I sometimes side with you in the winter when Scooter starts getting cranky about coastal MA's snow prospects and starts taking it out on interior SNE too. 

Lol. This is true. He’s just impossible to read and deal with when he gets into those tantrums . It brings the entire NE subforum to its knees . 

• Haha 1

Watching a huge fire looks like it could maybe be at Lawrence airport. 125 is closed down completely and girlfriend said they are calling in hazmat on the scanner. 

Edit: sounds like it’s actually the trash / recycling plant according to a cop I just talked with. 

BE53485E-F452-4C38-A962-C0E94AC10B02.jpeg

13 minutes ago, KoalaBeer said:

Watching a huge fire looks like it could maybe be at Lawrence airport. 125 is closed down completely and girlfriend said they are calling in hazmat on the scanner. 

Edit: sounds like it’s actually the trash / recycling plant according to a cop I just talked with. 

Going to really smell lovely there soon in that case.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Saw this posted on wgme. Yesterday's storm in AugustaFB_IMG_1566345996564.jpg

That's sweet.. I love the reflection  of it in the car window..

2 hours ago, Dr. Dews said:

That's funny, missed it. Even the large underground nests? I thought outside exposed nests could die, but larger underground nests hang through the first one at least.

You need to think outside the (house) nest.

Got the second official heat wave of the year today—90.0 on the dot. Looking up at the darkening sky with a drink next to the fire pit now. Just the kind of end to the day I needed.

• Like 1

Lol. This is true. He’s just impossible to read and deal with when he gets into those tantrums . It brings the entire NE subforum to its knees . 

Ocassionally he gets completely unhinged and probably starts throwing furniture in his basement like right before the 1/24/15 storm which was supposed to ruin our blizzard.

I thought we might lose him before the March 4th storm this year too but then he tantrumed his way into a jackpot after issuing congrats to dendrite and powderfreak 2 days out.