Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

11 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I like when BDL starts pulling frosts and 32s while he rots at 38F with a 5mph wind and maybe a little ice on the windshield. He keeps the Torchtober posts coming, but there's always thinly veiled anger in the posts if you read them closely.

Here's the DIT seasonal clock:

DIT_seasonalClock.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

9 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

This is the best Patriots defense since the mid 2000's. Probably the best RB core in the league. Best QB in the league. Underrated WR core of Gordon, Thomas, Edelman, Harry, Meyers, Dorsett, Berrios....  Best fullback in football. Best coach in football. Best special teams in football. Best OL in Football.

Repeat SB champs here they come.

Just the best with everything. Don’t forget best fans too...and best beer at the stadium. Crown em right now. The best.

25 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Then usually by Columbus Day weekend, the transition is complete. It's pimping highs in the 30s and 40s as normal October weather while scanning for snow chances....references to October 2009 and 2011 start to appear. By Halloween, we're turning every cold shot into a chance for flakes and even some accumulation....November is going to be a November of yore where snowpack supposedly started on 11/10 and never melted until April....perhaps "yore" meaning the ending vestiges of the previous ice age...but that is beside the point. It's gonna happen this year.

Just like last winter!  (In the Maine foothills :devilsmiley:)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

I think most want a pleasant if not mild Sept-Oct. Then we dive into repeated heavy cold shots and mtn snows Pre-Turkey day.  Though there's nothing better than the rare 4-5 stretch of crisp nights, 70's highs and Oktoberfests tossed aroud.

I'm a huge fan of mild Octobers. I have no use for the garbage "highs of 46, low of 27" type airmasses in October. Save those for a month later when they give you highs near 30. 

Ill take highs in the 60s all the time in October. I'll allow for one or two quick frost/freezes just to remind us that winter isn't too far off but otherwise, I'm all for 65/45. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

I think most want a pleasant if not mild Sept-Oct. Then we dive into repeated heavy cold shots and mtn snows Pre-Turkey day.  Though there's nothing better than the rare 4-5 stretch of crisp nights, 70's highs and Oktoberfests tossed aroud.

Let's go wild and get Jspin some measurable this weekend. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, dendrite said:

You do know your stuff. That's why it's frustrating reading your posts when you weeniecast ADATT in the summer and ACATT in the winter. If it's warm in the winter or cold in the summer, call it for what it is.

I just like to have fun. It gets so boring in here when someone posts a model and assumes that’s what will happen. What about thinking outside the box? Why does it have to be black and white? For example.. that map Will posted.. verbatim it’s 80/55 with a look like that . But with a little atmospheric shuffling .. which happens 10x out of 10 at this time range.. can’t you see how there’s a deep MW trough with warm, humid flow east coast? I like to look at other options and I’ll throw many of them out there . Part of it is that’s what I want. I’d prefer not to have boring dry weather. Part of it is thinking out of box, Part of it is generating discussion. Part of it absolutely is trolling. This is all just me . I know there’s some people in here that hate me , hate my posts etc . They’ve never met me, but they hate me because they think they know me due to my posting style. That’s fine and they are entitled. I just like to have fun and generate hype , discussion and excitement. I also stand by that last post. I think we end up warm and humid later next week and much of September. With occasional fropas. I don’t think a cool wedge is likely at all .  And I stand by +2.5 or more this month SNE

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'm a huge fan of mild Octobers. I have no use for the garbage "highs of 46, low of 27" type airmasses in October. Save those for a month later when they give you highs near 30. 

Ill take highs in the 60s all the time in October. I'll allow for one or two quick frost/freezes just to remind us that winter isn't too far off but otherwise, I'm all for 65/45. 

I want hard freezes to kill all insects 

5 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I want hard freezes to kill all insects 

Yeah I'll take a hard freeze around 10/10 to kill off the remaining yellow jackets but then give me 65/45 until Veterans Day. Then we can flip the DIT switch to ACATT.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Dews said:

Hope for cold days because yellow jackets do not die, and are nasty in the fall. :D

Lol. I was just posting about the yellow jackets above. Usually they are done after a hard freeze. Though a lot of light frosts will do a number on their nests even if a few still survive. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Lol. I was just posting about the yellow jackets above. Usually they are done after a hard freeze. Though a lot of light frosts will do a number on their nests even if a few still survive. 

That's funny, missed it. Even the large underground nests? I thought outside exposed nests could die, but larger underground nests hang through the first one at least.

34 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

That's funny, missed it. Even the large underground nests? I thought outside exposed nests could die, but larger underground nests hang through the first one at least.

If they are big enough then it can take until you hit about 20F. But typically around here they don't get big enough like that...but it's possible if they get an early start in spring...a year where there's an early warm up and no real hard freezes in April. 

46 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Will used to like me. Now he’s QB of hate team 

No I sometimes side with you in the winter when Scooter starts getting cranky about coastal MA's snow prospects and starts taking it out on interior SNE too. 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I just like to have fun. It gets so boring in here when someone posts a model and assumes that’s what will happen. What about thinking outside the box? Why does it have to be black and white? For example.. that map Will posted.. verbatim it’s 80/55 with a look like that . But with a little atmospheric shuffling .. which happens 10x out of 10 at this time range.. can’t you see how there’s a deep MW trough with warm, humid flow east coast? I like to look at other options and I’ll throw many of them out there . Part of it is that’s what I want. I’d prefer not to have boring dry weather. Part of it is thinking out of box, Part of it is generating discussion. Part of it absolutely is trolling. 

The only thing is it’s thinking outside the box in one direction.  You’d never see a warm look on the models in summer and think outside the box that it could verify cooler.  Always warmer in summer, then in winter it’s always cooler outside the box thinking.  

It does generate discussion which is what the forums are about.   

35 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

No I sometimes side with you in the winter when Scooter starts getting cranky about coastal MA's snow prospects and starts taking it out on interior SNE too. 

Lol. This is true. He’s just impossible to read and deal with when he gets into those tantrums . It brings the entire NE subforum to its knees . 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, KoalaBeer said:

Watching a huge fire looks like it could maybe be at Lawrence airport. 125 is closed down completely and girlfriend said they are calling in hazmat on the scanner. 

Edit: sounds like it’s actually the trash / recycling plant according to a cop I just talked with. 

Going to really smell lovely there soon in that case.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Lol. This is true. He’s just impossible to read and deal with when he gets into those tantrums . It brings the entire NE subforum to its knees . 

Ocassionally he gets completely unhinged and probably starts throwing furniture in his basement like right before the 1/24/15 storm which was supposed to ruin our blizzard.

I thought we might lose him before the March 4th storm this year too but then he tantrumed his way into a jackpot after issuing congrats to dendrite and powderfreak 2 days out.