• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    chrislittlenews
    Newest Member
    chrislittlenews

August 2019 Discussion

2 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

I thought the heat and 70+ Dp's were supposed to be endless after 8/15?

We’ll be at 10-11 days of 70+ dews on Thursday. Just will need 4-5 more by months end . Shouldn’t be difficult 

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Thankfully I don’t live in sne and was able to get rain last night. 

Western NE? We take your snow instead?

• Like 1

Usually August is the wetter month, but July was the wet month so far. Been pretty dry locally this month with under an inch and most of that in 30 minutes. Luckily end of summer and sun angle weaker.

September probably is AN, but as of now....I don’t see a massive torch signal. Just kind of a muted warm look with alternating warmer and cooler periods averaging AN. 

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We’ll be at 10-11 days of 70+ dews on Thursday. Just will need 4-5 more by months end . Shouldn’t be difficult 

:lol:

By your count.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

September probably is AN, but as of now....I don’t see a massive torch signal. Just kind of a muted warm look with alternating warmer and cooler periods averaging AN. 

That’s perfect to close out the season with a lowered sun. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Summer 2018 it is not nor is it coming. 

Goes to show, complaining does work sometimes....We actually picked up 0.37" last night.

1 minute ago, Spanks45 said:

Goes to show, complaining does work sometimes....We actually picked up 0.37" last night.

Yea you could see early on radar was beating meso’s. We needed it.

29 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Western NE? We take your snow instead?

I'm not sure you're getting his joke.  Did you miss the two pages of arguing the definition of CT geography yesterday?  One of the most tedious exchanges in Discussion thread history.

1 minute ago, moneypitmike said:

I'm not sure you're getting his joke.  Did you miss the two pages of arguing the definition of CT geography yesterday?  One of the most tedious exchanges in Discussion thread history.

And as usual who was at the center of the discussion???? 

Had 0.96" in the Stratus and 0.86" in the tipper. Probably a little bluejay poop eventually plugged up the cone hole.

64F for a low...66F currently. No dews yet, but it kinda has that feel. Got power back around midnight last night.

31 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You tell um hammer lol

44 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Thankfully I don’t live in sne and was able to get rain last night. 

3 hr dry period forecast fails are the best.

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

3 hr dry period forecast fails are the best.

He can't even get the number of 70+ dew days right. How's he going to predict the future?

14 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Had 0.96" in the Stratus and 0.86" in the tipper. Probably a little bluejay poop eventually plugged up the cone hole.

64F for a low...66F currently. No dews yet, but it kinda has that feel. Got power back around midnight last night.

Nice  drink for you. Wash that shit into the ground. I brought up nitrates because when I interned with USDA I was involved in nitrate studies for chicken farm management.  Its become a very successful program teaching farmers that less spread on the fields produces more output, at the same time reducing nitrate leaching into bodies of water. Fun internship those 2 years,  2nd year was with the RI state Climatologist at Kingston. Now thats a snow pit. Flat valley near the coast.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Nice  drink for you. Wash that shit into the ground. I brought up nitrates because when I interned with USDA I was involved in nitrate studies for chicken farm management.  Its become a very successful program teaching farmers that less spread on the fields produces more output at the same time reducing nitrate leaching into bodies of water. Fun internship those 2 years,  2nd year was with the RI state Climatologist at Kingston. Now thats a snow pit. Flat valley near the coast.

Yeah I don't go that wild. A few poops around each small tree. Not surprised that less turned out to be more though...seems that's the case with most things in life.

Just now, dendrite said:

Yeah I don't go that wild. A few poops around each small tree. Not surprised that less turned out to be more though...seems that's the case with most things in life.

Yea I kid you as your small flock I am sure is minimal compared to the tens of thousands some big farms have. Yes moderation is the key in all aspects of life. 

12 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I don't think he was the center.   I think he's squarely on the border of NE and SE.  :D

Have you noticed something about that poster that’s disturbing?

39 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

That’s perfect to close out the season with a lowered sun. 

Keep it AN right through October...maybe one or two sharp cool shots just to remind us that winter is coming but I don't need daily frosts every day between 9/15 and Halloween. No use for that. 

• Like 2

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

The two stations we chose dead on. I’m sorry 

The torchy cape AWOS FMH. Very representative of interior CT.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Meanwhile, the rate of lowering sun angle is approaching the extreme point, greater than -.3*/day.  Just between now and the end of the month we'll lose 32 minutes of daylight.

Weather patterns be damned, seasons are changing.

It's almost Christmas/NYE, 2020 and increasing sunlight soon. Hopefully we stay mild and dry in the interim

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

The torchy cape AWOS FMH. Very representative of interior CT.

Lol. Can he get any further away from CT and still be in SNE?

29 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I didn’t really look at it. Seemed pretty dumb. 

9 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Half an hour of my life I'm not getting back.

He’s south of 42N which puts him in the Mid Atlantic climo.