Raifu

August 2019 Discussion

6 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

Very meh here in West Hartford....classic....oh well

Just got crushed 10 days ago dummy.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Just got crushed 10 days ago dummy.

I mean it underperformed for sure....that’s all....could have been so much better

I was working up at the Heath Fair tonight (2000') and we had a nice line roll through around 7:30pm.  Not much in the way of cloud to ground  but heavy rain and good gusts.  It was really cool being up at that elevation and watching the rotation in the clouds right overhead.  Fun stuff!

6 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I was working up at the Heath Fair tonight (2000') and we had a nice line roll through around 7:30pm.  Not much in the way of cloud to ground  but heavy rain and good gusts.  It was really cool being up at that elevation and watching the rotation in the clouds right overhead.  Fun stuff!

I miss the Heath Fair.

Although I guess as an offset the flow will be more onshore again later this week and weekend which will mute  surface temps.  So all in all looks pleasant. 

8 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Dry as far as the eye can see 

62F317D6-6B4E-403B-AA58-04922DF42E93.png

0.53" here yesterday from one shower in the afternoon (1PM) and evening (10PM).

Foggy 64° here this morning.

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Cool down losing steam. 

It's still there...before warming back up again.  It's been doing this all summer.  We average AN but we get a break every once and a while.

20190818chart.png

2 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

It's still there...before warming back up again.  It's been doing this all summer.  We average AN but we get a break every once and a while.

20190818chart.png

It’s not close to what it was a few days ago. 564 thicknesses is pretty lame for a cool down. Downslope dandy day is well into 80s. But as I said, return flow off water will prolong cooler temps as it warms up aloft. So overall fairly pleasant.

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Although I guess as an offset the flow will be more onshore again later this week and weekend which will mute  surface temps.  So all in all looks pleasant. 

That’s dews then 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That’s dews then 

It won’t be at first. It’s a cool down overall, just not what was modeled a few days ago. It will feel nice. 

Meanwhile, the rate of lowering sun angle is approaching the extreme point, greater than -.3*/day.  Just between now and the end of the month we'll lose 32 minutes of daylight.

Weather patterns be damned, seasons are changing.

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s not close to what it was a few days ago. 564 thicknesses is pretty lame for a cool down. Downslope dandy day is well into 80s. But as I said, return flow off water will prolong cooler temps as it warms up aloft. So overall fairly pleasant.

Sure, but it's still cooler than the day before, hence a cool down for however short.  I don't base my expectations on what I could have had.  If that was the case I'm missing out on a lot of snow.  :lol:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It won’t be at first. It’s a cool down overall, just not what was modeled a few days ago. It will feel nice. 

That’s what we tried explaining. You ain’t getting cool shots in this pattern. You get a day or two of slightly AN with a dew down and then right back