• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

Strange. Dogs are essential to families and great for kids so they learn how to take care of and treat animals, in general. When my son hugs our dogs and says he loves them, at only 3yrs of age, that’s an vital characteristic he has acquired  at a young age....compassion and co-existent respect. When he’s old enough his chore will be to scoop the poop, then we will see if he still ‘really’ loves them. Until then, I scoop and bag...more sanitary than wiping my own ass imo. 

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Strange. Dogs are essential to families and great for kids so they learn how to take care of and treat animals, in general. When my son hugs our dogs and says he loves them, at only 3yrs of age, that’s an vital characteristic he has acquired  at a young age....compassion and co-existent respect. When he’s old enough his chore will be to scoop the poop, then we will see if he still ‘really’ loves them. Until then, I scoop and bag...more sanitary than wiping my own ass imo. 

We have a great system that keeps our yard nice and clean. Having a pet for kids is essential in my opinion. Learning compassion,responsibility and getting unconditional love. Who as a kid hasn't hugged their dog when sad or scared.

Appears that 00z Euro run is a bit of a ridgy outlier relative to it's own ensemble/EPS mean...     That was the hottest run of the summer - I don't think the July deal ( first one ...) had that longevity illustrated... 

D4 in this run would flirt or touch 90... and then it's 93-97 supportive through the end of the run and probably extrapoles another day ...but ... That range is also not very dependable .- just commenting on what's painted.    

The problem with other guidance comparisons ( particularly with ridge/'heat domes' ) is that both the GGEM and GFS ... I swear, they must be pre-parameterized NOT to allow them... They figuratively seem to want to use cumulus clouds to completely decay ridges...  and the GFS.  ah man this model simply will not allow polarward migration of the westerlies, period. ... Not sure why that is... or if it will be that way in the winter ( I'm guessin' it reverses ... because the model just has a progressive bias so winter troughs will be pancaked while summer ridges smear ... spit ballin' but it hates curved surfaces .. It also still looks f-up in the mixing rations in the lower troposphere too  ) 

In any case... still looks like some sort of heat wave out there...  

heh...Looking at the GEFs mean .. the front side of the mid range, you can see it trying for the sloshing mass field with rising height here/OV/MA regions ... but it's not quite as prophetic with it as the Euro op...or the EPS mean...  but again, I think that's endemic to GEF/GFS heredity/bias envelope...   

I think that's enough to be confident that next week will go some distance to adjust August month means to put it nicely...  Probably absurd overnight lows is concomitant more so these days (and decades going forward more so than we may as yet to be "forcibly" realized...)  will return...  94/75's or something

26 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:
2 hours ago, dryslot said:
I'm going to be in Naples Saturday, Going to Sebago with Ed & Becky.

Nice. We'll be there in the afternoon. Shoot me a msg when you're heading back. Maybe we can meet at Capt jax for a drink

Ok, Good, That's the plan when we get back to the Marina is to hit Capt Jacks for dinner.