Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    15,515
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    chrislittlenews
    Newest Member
    chrislittlenews
    Joined
Dr. Dews

August 2019 Discussion

Recommended Posts

Just now, dendrite said:

Was 66F in the bedroom this morning with the fan on all night. 59F for a low. HIE snuck in a 43F.

Did the wifey pet any roosters under the covers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Did the wifey pet any roosters under the covers?

She uses about 15 blankets every night regardless of the temp. It could probably be 32F in there and she wouldn't know the difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Any crowing audible for neighbors?

Innuendo aside...they had a little camping weekend with the kids this past weekend in the backyard. Bad idea. Little Boy decided to start crowing at 430am and pretty much didn't stop until I went to let him out at 6am. Next year try a campground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

However, it does look like summer comes back and stays for awhile starting next week. That's a lock. Torchtember to start. 

I'm still thinking we see a potentially top 3 warmest September across many climo sites. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dendrite said:

Innuendo aside...they had a little camping weekend with the kids this past weekend in the backyard. Bad idea. Little Boy decided to start crowing at 430am and pretty much didn't stop until I went out to let him out at 6am. Next year try a campground.

LOL, lesson learned hopefully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

She uses about 15 blankets every night regardless of the temp. It could probably be 32F in there and she wouldn't know the difference.

That's what I do in the winter. I bury myself under about 4 blankets and curl up into a ball 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I'm still thinking we see a potentially top 3 warmest September across many climo sites. 

There are some seasonal guys that think it torches through fall and into the start of winter. Hopefully they right. Would be nice to not burn oil with windows opened into the new year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What happened to this big , fresh blast of COC k all week :lol:

COC then rain up here. Definitely another airmass with coolest departures in NNE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

However, it does look like summer comes back and stays for awhile starting next week. That's a lock. Torchtember to start. 

We can hope. Nothing I like better than an extended summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

There are some seasonal guys that think it torches through fall and into the start of winter. Hopefully they right. Would be nice to not burn oil with windows opened into the new year.

I've read that those warm waters in the Atlantic won't let lows go south of CT. Could be a problem come winter.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

COC then rain up here. Definitely another airmass with coolest departures in NNE.

You know what seems like happened is that ULL that was modeled to dig into NNE this week ended up over James Bay. Leaving SNE in warm , moist flow with 60’s dews and 70+ Friday onwards . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

You know what seems like happened is that ULL that was modeled to dig into NNE this week ended up over James Bay. Leaving SNE in warm , moist flow with 60’s dews and 70+ Friday onwards . 

It's not that warm of a weekend. Maybe MDT humidity and E winds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

There are some seasonal guys that think it torches through fall and into the start of winter. Hopefully they right. Would be nice to not burn oil with windows opened into the new year.

The last two winters have been brutal with the cold. I wouldn't mind a winter without the cold outbreaks. 

I'm kinda torn on the winter...I could see it go either way. The unscientific side of me wants to think we'll see a predominately +NAO given the record setting -NAO we had this spring/summer (in terms of consecutive days being negative)

but the scientific side thinks we are going to deal with numerous cold outbreaks once again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Innuendo aside...they had a little camping weekend with the kids this past weekend in the backyard. Bad idea. Little Boy decided to start crowing at 430am and pretty much didn't stop until I went to let him out at 6am. Next year try a campground.

My neighbors have chickens the roosters crow all the time,  when you grow up with the crowing its perfectly normal and background noise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's not that warm of a weekend. Maybe MDT humidity and E winds. 

Interior it’s 70+ dews and 85-90 both days. Light E flow over 75 degree water doesn’t do anything interior 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Classic example of "devil is in the details"

Yesterdays high was only 79F with a low of 69F

Day before was 87F with a low of 54F

Yesterday pulled off a +3.6F while the day before was 0F.

I would not have called yesterday a torch while the day before was.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Interior it’s 70+ dews and 85-90 both days. Light E flow over 75 degree water doesn’t do anything interior 

Cloud risk too. I’ll take the under. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Cloud risk too. I’ll take the under. 

Saturday and Sunday both look to develop clouds as the day progresses with scattered showers/t'storms. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Meanwhile, August drought continues.

yeah, I don't care if we get HHH, but give me some damn rain already. I missed 1"+ yesterday by less than 5mi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

Saturday and Sunday both look to develop clouds as the day progresses with scattered showers/t'storms. 

We are in a dry pattern rain wise. Won’t be more than a spot shower in 1-2 towns 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We are in a dry pattern rain wise. Won’t be more than a spot shower in 1-2 towns 

IDK...it's not potent s/w energy but both days offer some pretty decent s/w moving through and then the front Sunday. Decent wind shear and not awful lapse rates.  Heights look to rise Saturday so that could hurt and the timing of the front Sunday looks a little late. I could see some splitting supercell potential up north Saturday.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

The last two winters have been brutal with the cold. I wouldn't mind a winter without the cold outbreaks. 

I'm kinda torn on the winter...I could see it go either way. The unscientific side of me wants to think we'll see a predominately +NAO given the record setting -NAO we had this spring/summer (in terms of consecutive days being negative)

but the scientific side thinks we are going to deal with numerous cold outbreaks once again. 

We could be headed to a -nao spring/summer and winter cycle like the beginning of the decade. With the propensity to establish -epo’s relatively easily in today’s climate, we could have a great 6 weeks of winter....but torched/no winter otherwise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We could be headed to a -nao spring/summer and winter cycle like the beginning of the decade. With the propensity to establish -epo’s relatively easily in today’s climate, we could have a great 6 weeks of winter....but torched/no winter otherwise. 

Yeah I can see that type of scenario occurring. I have a feeling this winter is not going to really behave extremely well which will make the long-range forecasting exceptionally difficult. 

There is a great deal in place which I think favors a -EPO/major blocking. The jet should be very, very strong too so we'll need the block/-EPO to suppress it, but given this the pattern I think should be active so we'll see if that can transpire into above-average snow for us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×