Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

24 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Enjoy wearing jeans and jackets in middle of days in summer up there . Sounds awesome 

lol have been swimming almost every day.   The funny thing is our high temps aren’t *that* different if you use your actual home temps.  You’ll be 82F (based on ORH) and it’ll be 79F here.  We know you don’t live at BDL.

And I know you’ve said that you put shorts on in Napril and don’t take them off until Octorchber.  We know you are that dad in shorts and a long sleeve when it’s 59F and sunny watching soccer on May 1st.  Don’t give me this bundled up crap in the upper 70s, lol.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

lol have been swimming almost every day.   The funny thing is our high temps aren’t *that* different if you use your actual home temps.  You’ll be 82F (based on ORH) and it’ll be 79F here.  We know you don’t live at BDL.

And I know you’ve said that you put shorts on in Napril and don’t take them off until Octorchber.  We know you are that dad in shorts and a long sleeve when it’s 59F and sunny watching soccer on May 1st.  Don’t give me this bundled up crap in the upper 70s, lol.

Does Vermont now border Hudson Bay???....asking for a friend...….

9 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Does Vermont now border Hudson Bay???....asking for a friend...….

I just laugh because he makes it sound so cold in the afternoon but if you look at our highs and ORH’s highs, they aren’t all that much different.  

The overnight lows are way different but yeah, if you compare MVL to BDL sure it’s way different... but he doesn’t live at BDL lol.

Yesterday it was 81F here and 81F at ORH.  He just wishes he lived at BDL’s 90F high.

20 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I just laugh because he makes it sound so cold in the afternoon but if you look at our highs and ORH’s highs, they aren’t all that much different.  

The overnight lows are way different but yeah, if you compare MVL to BDL sure it’s way different... but he doesn’t live at BDL lol.

Yesterday it was 81F here and 81F at ORH.  He just wishes he lived at BDL’s 90F high.

My guess is when he was on the cape earlier this spring/summer, He had a little more on then a wife beater and swim trunks.

Just now, dendrite said:

huh

Type in different airport codes in the city search box...

Anything east like east or central like ABE, ABQ, ALB, ATL, ATW, AUS, BDL, BFM, BHM, etc all only have two digits after the decimal.

Meanwhile west-ish like BIL, BOI, BUR, CPR, GEG, GTF, LAS, OAK, etc all have like 5 digits past the decimal 

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Yesterday’s high of 81F interrupted the 6-day below normal stretch.  

What an August so far, -2.2.  

5 of 7 days with a minimum in the 40s so far.  

And a bunch more below normal days coming up.  Highs in mid-60s on Saturday per BTV.

Satisfied I do not reside there

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

From all of us here, we hope you have a great time in hot and sticky...just the way you like it.

I was in London in 1993 during a hot spell-around 90 for a week.  Nothing was ac.  Then again 30 years ago I’d go all summer without ac.  Just need it now-love the wx but hate the indoor sequela.

Just now, dendrite said:

:weenie:

The MADIS site has them to 4 digits I think if you want them.

I wonder why the NWS only displays two decimals (what looks to be east of the Rockies) and then 5 west of the Rockies. Although HI only gets two as well. Thought it was something special with the west where they needed more precise locations. I might email about this...it's kinda odd 

4 hours ago, weathafella said:

My wife is responsible for getting is places to stay.  My only requirement is ac which in Europe is not a given..

My hotel in London the last 2 nights did not have ac nor does the one we are staying at in Cologne have it. Thankfully it’s been bearable. I think the hotel we have in Berlin has it. Was soooooo happy the heatwaves from earlier this summer have broken

4 minutes ago, mreaves said:

My hotel in London the last 2 nights did not have ac nor does the one we are staying at in Cologne have it. Thankfully it’s been bearable. I think the hotel we have in Berlin has it. Was soooooo happy the heatwaves from earlier this summer have broken

Did you ask them why they didn’t heed the call to install back in April?

• Haha 1

Just now, powderfreak said:

Did you ask them why they didn’t heed the call to install back in April?

Lol. Even though yesterday was upper 60’s maybe, several of the underground trains were pretty toasty. I can’t imagine what they were like during those brutal heat days. 

53 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I wonder why the NWS only displays two decimals (what looks to be east of the Rockies) and then 5 west of the Rockies. Although HI only gets two as well. Thought it was something special with the west where they needed more precise locations. I might email about this...it's kinda odd 

Western region must just do their own thing. I don't think the resolution of the grids is even down to that precision anyway. We don't waste our time with insignificant digits in the east.